16

15 months after breakup

"Goodbye shorty!" I shouted as Jinyoung flipped me off in the passenger side of the moving truck. Yup, Jinyoung moved out of my house and to his own place today, and I'm kinda excited.

1: no more ex feelings
2: no more shampoo stealing
3: less food to make
4: no awkwardness
Doesn't that sound amazing? It sounds amazing to me.

I hummed and turned around, opening my mail box, expecting a few spam mail and maybe a letter from Bam, as he and Jackson went back with Jackson's mom to Hong Kong a week prior.

Instead, there was a small cardboard box with my name on it, and no return address. I furrowed my brows together and shook the box.

There was no sound, so bomb was out of the question. I shrugged and walked inside before setting the small box on my island and grabbing a kitchen knife and walking back to the small object.

Quickly cutting it open, I scrambled to pull it open in anticipation. Who would send me something with no return address?

Inside was a small keychain with a raindrop and a small note folded behind it. I gently held the raindrop and opened the note.

'It all started with the rain'

"It all started with the rain? What?" I rose my brows and sat down on one of the stools. I flipped the paper over and checked to see if there was any other writing to it. There wasn't.

Shrugging, I put the note in the box and took the box and keychain to my room. I clipped the raindrop on my car and house keys and set the box on my side table.

I quickly pulled out my phone and began to text Jinyoung but stopped myself, realizing he doesn't live here, and that I'm free.

I'm free again.

•••

Now, this was not the ideal situation to be caught in by your bestfriends but there I was, in my underwear, on my coffee table, brush as my microphone, frozen and staring at Mark as "Free Fallin" player from my TV.

"I can explain," I finally choked out after a solid minute of silent staring. Marks face then morphed from shock to humor as his face cracked into a grin until he was full on cackling in my doorway, a confused YoungJae peering over his hunched body.

I waved my bestfriends in, giggling myself, as I paused the song and shuffled into my room to put on pants.

Quickly coming back out, I grinned cheekily at the couple before clasping my hands together. "Jinyoung moved out today so I decided to celebrate my alone-ness by lip syncing to happy 'free' and 'alone' songs."

Mark nodded, a smile still gracing his lips while YoungJae pursed his own, looking between his boyfriend and I. "Did I miss something while I turned off the car or...?"

I snorted. "Just me in my underwear glory on my coffee table, nothing big," I waved a hand at his confused look and meandered from the entry to my fridge and pulled out a pack of strawberries.

"Ooh! Please give me some while you tell us how living with your ex was! I need to know all the juicy deets as this happen while we were abroad!"

I spun on my heel from where I grabbed the sugar to point at Mark Hyung. "If you ever say deets in my house again, I will personally burn your BTS shrine you have in your closet."

"gaSP YOU KNOW ABOUT MY CLOSET?!"

"Did you just say gaSP?!"

——
Hi! I'm sorry for updating this so late, but atleast I updated! One more week and then I'm back to updating every day but Sunday!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!