5

7 months after breakup

After YoungJae and Mark told me about their relationship, I haven't seen them separated once.

It hurts ya know? To see your best friends happy together while you still can't get over your ex. Of course I support them, is just hard to stay straight faced when all you want to do is cry every time you see them together.

Speaking of which, we were at my house, playing Mario Cart and I was winning against YoungJae. "Ha-ha! Take that Hyung!" I cheered as I shot a red shell backwards.

"Oh fuck you, you mushroom!" YoungJae cried out as I finished first, him coming in fifth. Smirking over at him, I pat his head. "One day you will beat me, young grasshopper," I spoke with a mock old man voice, making him giggle and swat my hand off his head.

"Hey Yugyeom?" I turned to look at Mark as he brought over two cups of lemon tea. "Do you wanna try and find someone else? I know you still love him... but it's been past half a year now... he's not coming back."

I looked down and pursed my lips together sadly, my rare happy moment ruined. I hear a slap followed by an annoyed YoungJae scolding his boyfriend.

I looked up and tried to smile. "I-I think I like being single, but you're right. I really need to get over him. Uh, I'm going to go shower, you guys can play some more if you want."

With my excuse, I speedily shuffled down the hall to the first door on the right, my bathroom. I turned on the water and took out anything from my jeans pockets. I then stood under the steaming water, letting my clothes get soaked as my shoulders shook with my muffled sobs.

Why can't I let you go?
Why do I keep torturing myself?