18

22 months after the breakup

I greedily ripped open what I assumed was the last package of the poem. Jinyoung has still not contacted me and the letters don't come every week anymore, it's actually monthly now. Making me go insane waiting for a clue of where his is or why he's doing this.

It started with the rain
Then the sun came
And you smiled at the sky
And I smiled at you
Because you were my sun
Even on my rainy days
You shined through
And that's why I still love you
Even if you now bring storms
I will stand and prevail
For you were once my sun
- And if I can prevail

"And if I can prevail? What?" I groaned in frustration at the small slip of paper I had set underneath the last sentence. I smacked my hand on the phone table and pulled out my phone from my work pants.

I shakily typed Jinyoung's number and hit call before tasing the decide up to my ear and impatiently tapping my fingers on the counter. I was sent to voicemail after a few in picked up rings.

"Hey Jinyoung, it's me again. I know it's you sending these. Please pick up, I need answers. Why? Why are you doing this? Why can't I know your location? Why can't I hear your vo-"

Beep beep beep.

I sighed, slowly lowering my phone, the silence of my house slowly consuming me as I sat down on my stool.

How could he do this to me? How could he give up on us, then show up at my house, live with me, give me hope after he left, and then never respond?

"Should I run away to America?" I sadly mused, playing with my fingers. I quickly rolled my eyes and slapped myself. "Yugyeom focus, he's obviously playing with you so just go out."

And that's how I ended up at a club in the middle of Gangnam, drunk off my ass and singing the lyrics to the current song to my cup of soju as YoungJae drunk called Mark, who was sitting next to him laughing his ass off.

"Gyeom, any reason for the random 'let's go clubbing!' Text?" Mark asked me, trying to take YoungJae's phone. I giggled, swaying to the beat and almost spilling my cup.

"Jinyoungs a big asshat and alcohol is nice to me so I gave it a chance." I hiccuped our, kissing the cup and looking at my bestfriend with hooded eyes.

I don't remember what he said next because a song that Jinyoung and I sing at our anniversary came on. I felt the tears quickly stream down my face. "I-I miss him!" I cried out, flinging myself on a startled Mark.

I didn't realize how much he meant to me until he slipped right through my fingers all over again.

——
OKAY SO FIRST, I AM SORRY I MEANT TO POST THIS THREE HOURS AGO BEFORE I WENT TO A MOVIE. AND SECOND idk if y'all saw but I accidentally published this chapter half written which was DANGEROUS OOF

Anyway, one chapter left!