Imagination

Aria•

After about an hour or two of talking and eating, we finish up and do the 'check dance' which Shawn wins, and we exchange numbers. He ends the date with a hug and kiss to my cheek, I almost squeal but I manage to keep it inside.

Once we break apart, I feel that a piece of me has been taken, it was weird how one person could complete something I never knew needed to be completed.

I walk back to my car in some kind of daze, stumbling over my own two feet and grappling onto my door handle for balance before pulling it open. I throw myself into my car and sit there, thinking about the lovely boy with cinnamon eyes.

I can't let him go.

Shawn•

I grin as I watch her toned legs walk away, but soon I my grin fades when she disappears from my sight, I felt emptier somehow, the girl I have only known for an hour and a half, makes me feel like my heart was in two just by walking away.

I walk to my car with hearts in my eyes and butterflies in my tummy, and I get in, taking a moment and sitting on the seat with my hands on the steering wheel, the car stationary. I think about the extraordinary girl that had just come into my life.

I can't let her go.

Aria•

I arrive home and barely step out of my car before I'm attacked by a blur of a human, particularly one with doe eyes and brunette hair. She tackles me to the ground, for a clumsy girl, she sure can catch someone off guard.

"My God Dylan, you scared the crap out of me," i state. "Not important. How did it go?!" She yells, giddy with excitement and finally getting off of me so I can walk inside.

"Um, just like, AMAZING. He's literally the sweetest guy in the world and we learned so much about each other and he was genuinely interested! Like, it was just an out of body experience if I'm honest... and he ended it with a hug and he kissed my cheek!" I beam.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so excited girl... wow. I just can't believe this! Man, that guy doesn't get anymore perfect..." she gushed. "Tell me about it..." I sighs dreamily.

She smiles and then we open the door, going back inside my house and sitting down on my bed again. "I couldn't help wonder though... why me?" I doubt myself.

"Why not you? I know you have issues with this stuff but cmon, you're gorgeous, you're sweet, you're caring, and basically the most awesome person I've ever met in my whole life," she smiles brightly. "Wow I love you," I smile and give her a hug.

"I love you too," she laughs and then smiles again, "now stop doubting yourself! You're too good for that!"

"I'm sorry..." i chuckle. "Don't be sorry! Just love yourself girl!" She pushes my shoulder. "Yea well, I'll do that when you do..." I raise my eyebrow at her and she sighs.

"That's not important," she shrugs. "see? You're doing it..." I say, but watch myself, knowing it's a touchy subject.

"Let's just, not talk about it," she sighs and lays back on my bed, looking at the ceiling. "Okay, I'm sorry," I frown. "No it's okay, I'm sorry too," she sighs again.

"Don't forget, we have the Niall concert tonight..." I smile, trying to make her feel better. "Oh my gosh! I almost forgot... don't worry I have my outfit ready in my bag. I can't believe we are going to two concerts back to back. We have to start getting ready to make sure Niall falls in love with me..." she giggles.

"Yup! Let's get up and make your dream come true," I laugh and she gets up, already grabbing out the outfit she had picked out for tonight.

Shawn•

I wander into the tour bus after the date and grab a muffin from the kitchen before heading into the living room and sitting next to Niall who's watching golf.

"Hey Niall," I smile. "Oh, hey man, how was the date with Aria?" He asks, raising an eyebrow with curiosity.

"It was great," a small smile spreads onto my face involuntarily, "she's intelligent, funny, beautiful, honest and so many more things that make her wonderful..."

"Awe, well look at you with the little smile," he teases, "someone's got a huge crush! Are you going to ask her to be your girlfriend?"

"If all goes well..." I smile. "Meaning...?" He trails, giving me a questioning look. "Meaning if she still likes me after seeing likes me after the second date," I laugh.

"Of course she will!" He says matter of factly, slapping my shoulder lightly, "why wouldn't she?"

"I don't know... I mean I'm not perfect and I don't want to just assume she'd like me..." I say. "Girls don't want a perfect guy shawn, believe me. They just want someone who treats them nice and makes them feel loved, which I'm sure you do, you're a great guy," he smiles.

"Thanks Nialler," I smile and he pats my shoulder. "Now, I'm starving, can we order a pizza? Or 5?" He laughs.

"Of course, and with you eating, I'm ordering 5..." I laugh and he nods and agrees. I get up and order the 5 pizzas and then return to the couch.

"Don't forget I have a show tonight by the way... I honestly completely forgot," he laughs. "Oh that's right, and we are performing our song together as well right?" I ask.

"Correct," He confirms. "Hey, maybe Dylan will be there." I wiggle my eyebrows at him and he shakes his head.

"I doubt it, I mean, what are the chances?" He sighs, leaning on his elbow. "I don't know... I mean Aria said she's a pretty big fan of yours..." I say casually.

"She is?! And you're just telling me this now!" He groans, "Well, guess I gotta make sure I look fantastic tonight."

"You always look fantastic babe," I laugh, teasing our  fake "Shiall" relationship and he pushes my shoulder. "Don't lie to me babe,"

——

Heyyy so let me know what you thought of this chapter and don't forget to hit the star if you enjoyed it! I'm thinking about making a spin off book of Niall and Dylan so I don't take up too much of this one with it. That way, we can see Dylan's backstory and all of that. Let me know if you guys would like to see that ☺️

-laney