Understand

Aria•

"Do you guys wanna watch a movie?" Shawn asks, we were still hanging out in Niall's hotel room after we had scared them, Shawn and I on one couch and Dylan and Niall on the other.

"Sure, we just watched Anchorman, but I'll go for another," Niall says and Dylan nods in agreement. "We'll go make the popcorn, you guys pick the movie," Niall says and then takes Dylan's hand and practically drags her behind him to the kitchen as they both laugh at each other.

"Those two..." Shawn chuckles joyfully and shakes his head. "You're telling me..." I smile and lay down, resting my head on Shawn's chest so I can hear his heartbeat as I watch him scroll through the movies. He uses his free hand and starts playing with my hair, which makes me smile.

"Oh my god! They have the little mermaid, we have to watch that!" I say excitedly and Shawn chuckles a little, "alright, if that's your selection."

"Hey! I love Disney soooo." I defend myself and he grins, "I love Disney too, I just love Harry Potter a little bit more." I settle back into his chest, "I suppose I can accept that. As long as you can accept that my favorite show is Sofia the First."

"Sofia the first? What's that?" He questions, tilting his head to the side like a puppy. "Oh... you have so much to learn." I laugh softly and pat his chest. Dylan and Niall come stumbling back into the room a moment later with four massive bowls of popcorn and they set two on the coffee table for us and then each take their own, settling back into the couch together.

"What are we watching?" Niall asks curiously, chomping down on popcorn. "The little mermaid." Shawn answers him and Dylan chuckles, "arias choice?" I smile and nod. Shawn plays the movie and I'm immediately absorbed into it, mouthing the words along with the characters and singing along with the songs.

Shawn continues playing with my hair throughout the movie, I can feel his long fingers forming small braids along my head gently as we watch the movie, him softly chuckling at my mannerisms once and a while.

The movie ends and I sigh happily, "what a great movie!" I say, smiling. "Yeah, it actually is, I haven't seen it since I was a little kid." Shawn says. I smile and then look over at the other couch, seeing a sleeping Dylan on Niall's chest.

"So you're a Disney fan I gather?" Niall chuckles and I nod, "very big one."

"Um, so, not to ruin the mood, but there's something I kind of have to explain about Dylan, that we talked about before you guys came in," Niall says in a hesitant tone and I nod, a little nervously, "is everything okay?"

He nods, "hold on, let me just go put her into bed, I don't want her to wake up from the talking," he says and then picks up the sleeping girl bridal style from their position and disappears upstairs.

I look over at shawn and he looks confused and worried, "is everything okay with dylan?" I nod, "I'm sure she's fine... he probably just found out about stuff that happens in her home."

"What do you mean?" He asks, tilting his head to the side again, just as Niall renters. "So, Dylan divulged tonight about her home life, Aria and frankly, I don't want her going back there."

I nod, "yea I mean, I've never wanted her to go back but what can you do? I mean, it's still her house, and she has to go to school and yeah, I mean."

"Well, I told Dylan I wanted her to come on tour with us, I actually talked to my manager, explained all the details, and he said yes. I wanted to tell you both the news so it wasn't like I was hiding anything. But the other thing is, Aria, since you are her best friend and now with Shawn, you're also welcome to come with us. I've already set up online classes for Dylan, and it wouldn't be hard to get you involved in the same program." He says. Woah. That's a lot to take in.

"I mean, I'd love to, but I don't know if my parents would jump at the idea... but I'll definitely talk to them, thank you for the offer." I say and he nods.

"Wait so, what exactly happens at Dylan's that's so bad?" Shawn asks, obviously still confused on what was happening.

I look at Niall and then look back to Shawn and I launch into the story of Dylan's parents and family and home and all of that. By the end of it, he sits there with an open jaw.

"Holy crap... seriously? You couldn't even tell, how does she look so happy all the time." Shawn says in disbelief. "It's just who she is." I say and shrug. He looks sad, "no one deserves that. I'm glad you came up with that idea Ni."

"Me too." Niall says, looking down at his hands. "I think I'm going to hit the hay, I'll see you guys tomorrow." He stands up and gives a peace sign before going to his room after we both say goodnight.

"Are you staying here tonight? Or do you want me to take you home?" Shawn asks me and I think for a second, "I'll stay here, I'll just text my mom." I pull out my phone and send off a quick text before putting it back in my pocket.

"Lets go back to my room so we don't wake them," Shawn says and stands up and reaches for my hand. I take it and then oblige, following him back to his mini mansion room.

Heyyy let me know what you think as always and don't forget to hit the star!!

-laney