One of Those Nights

Dylan•

"Niall are you sure we should do this?" I whisper, "I don't want to wake Shawn and Aria up."

"Yes, we'll be quiet don't worry. They're deep sleepers..." he confirms. "But are they deep enough sleepers? I mean, they fell asleep on our couch, it's kinda risky" I ask. "Well, I guess we're about to find out aren't we love?" He says.

"I guess so, but I'm just nervous," I say. "Don't be, what's the worst that could happen?" He shrugs. "They could catch us?" I laugh quietly.

"Yea but like what are they gonna do, c'mon you know you wannaaaa," he smirks, poking my shoulder. "Okay fine we can..." I agree, smiling and he nods eagerly, leaning forward and pecking my lips lightly.

"Shhh Niall be quiet we are going to wake them," I giggle. "I'm being as quiet as I can," he laughs, grabbing my hand as we descend down the stairs, apparently there was a very good looking chocolate cake in the refrigerator and Niall wouldn't stop talking about it, and now we were both starving.

We go to the kitchen quietly and don't turn on the lights. Niall retrieves the cake from the fridge as I sit down at the dining table and he brings it over to me. My eyes widen at the size and looks of this thing and my mouth waters.

He brings over two forks and we both dig in, moaning at the taste. "Wow this might be the best cake I've ever had..." I say, thoroughly enjoying it as I take big bites out of it, I look down, seeing that we almost polished off the whole thing already.

"Maybe cake tastes better at..." He pauses to check the time, "2:55AM." I laugh, "I didn't even realize it was this late, I guess I got distracted talking once we decided to go lay in bed."

"Me too," he smiles, "I like talking to you." He grins. "I like talking to you too." I smile and he leans forward, connecting our lips in a chocolate kiss. He deepens the kiss, running his tongue over my bottom lip gently and I close my lips, denying him access.

He runs his hands over my waist, moving them down over my thighs and then back up slowly. He pulls me close to his body and he pulls me into his lap so I'm straddling him. I kiss him deeper and I deny his tongue access again. He smirks and runs his hands under my shirt, catching me by surprise and he uses this to slip his tongue into my mouth, tangling our tongues.

I move my hands up his back on his shirtless body, feeling his back muscles flex and smiling into the kiss.

The lights flick on suddenly, "hey what's going on in-..."

We pull away and I turn to see Shawn looking at us with wide eyes. "Uh... sorry..." he backs out slowly and Niall and I both look at each other and start laughing. "Whoops," He says.

"C'mon we should probably be going to bed anyway, get some rest." He says and I climb off his lap and get up, he takes my hand and we walk to the bed, past Shawn, who's now laying back down next to Aria.

I smile at Niall and laugh softly and he laughs along. I jump onto the cushy bed and get back under the warm covers, he climbs in next to me and I smile at him, tracing his biceps as my eyes close slowly.

Aria•

I feel movement next to me and I stir out of sleep as Shawn returns his arms around my waist. "Hm? What happened? Everything okay?" I mumble, still a bit groggy from being awoken.

"Sorry I didn't mean to wake you," he says, kissing my temple sweetly, "I got up to get a drink of water and Niall and Dylan were in there making out," he laughs and I laugh. "Oh gosh, what did you do?"

"I just apologized and walked out," he laughs and I shake my head, laying my head back on his chest. "Oh my god... surprised they weren't pissed at you, not after we interrupted them the last time too."

"I know, me too actually. It just seems like a random time to be making out, y'know 3am." He laughs and I shrug. "I've seen weirder. Plus, knowing those two, they probably came down for a snack and got distracted."

"That's true actually." He laughs. "It's gonna take a lot to feed those two." I laugh. "Yup, can't even imagine the rest of tour..." he shakes his head and I smile, "hopefully I'll be there and I'll keep them under control."

"I'm sure you will." He smiles and kisses my temple again, I smile and lay my head down, my eyes starting to droop close as I fall asleep peacefully and my breathing evens out.

The next morning, I wake to the sun glaring through the window and I blink the sleep from my eyes, feeling a tight grip on my waist still and turning around and seeing shawn. I poke his arm to try to get him to release me.

I poke his face and then peck his lips, "Shawn" I whisper, and shake his arm slightly. He finally wakes up after like, the 15th try. "Hm?" He mumbles groggily.

"You've sorta trapped me," I giggle, referring to the current situation. "Mm sorry, can't let you go." He smiles and I sigh, looking up at his sleepy face and tracing his jawline. "Yeah? Why's that?"

"Because you're too beautiful so I need to make sure I keep you here so you'll be all mine forever." He says. "Well, I'll make a deal, let me go and I'll be yours forever." I smile. "Deal." He says and finally releases his strong arms and I giggle.

I get up and wander into the kitchen, seeing a quarter of a chocolate cake sitting on the table with two forks abandoned next to it. Shawn follows me, "I guess this was the snack they were looking for." He laughs.

"Guess so." I chuckle and grab the platter, putting it back in the fridge since they might want to finish it later. A moment later, I hear a few footsteps on the stairs and Dylan and Niall come into the kitchen, both looking pretty awake.

"Good morning! Hungry hungry hungry." Niall says, going to the fridge. "Morning! Yeah I'm also hungry." Dylan agrees, following him to the fridge.

"What else is new," I laugh and shake my head. "You said it." Shawn agrees as we look at the two scoundrels in the fridge. "They have black holes as stomachs I swear." Shawn says and I nod my head in agreement.

"Surprised you're still hungry after your little snack yesterday... two snacks actually." Shawn teases and their heads pop out from behind the refrigerator door with wide eyes. "Oh uhhh that was a dream?" Niall says and Dylan blushes bright red.

"Mm sure it was, as was the cake we found on the kitchen table this morning." I quip. "Mm gotta go!" Dylan says, grabbing some food item from the fridge and then running out with Niall hot on her heels.

I laugh and lean into Shawn, he puts an arm around my shoulders and pulls me closer into his body. "They're so cute together." He states and I nod, "they are absolutely perfect."

"Don't forget about me and Niall too!" Shawn says and I laugh and shake my head, "of course not..."

"Which, speaking of him and I, me and you need to discuss the things you could do for me that Niall couldn't." He smirks. "Mm baby I think you already know what those things are." I wink.

"Do I? I'm a visual learner so it might be better if you showed me..." he grins. "Is that so?" I raise an eyebrow. "I guess we'll have to arrange that." I smirk and walk away from him, moving my hips as I walked and I feel him follow me as I go through the adjoining room door.

—-

Helloooo lmk what you thought and don't forget to vote!

-laney