Strings

Aria•

I scoop the remainder of my food into my mouth and take a sip of my water and he takes a sip of his own, having finished a few minutes prior.

"That was so delicious," I gush. "The food here is really good, it's one of my favorites." He smiles and I nod in agreement, "might be one of my new favorites now too..." He chuckles, "so after this, I know this really adorable ice cream parlor down the street and it's the best, would you be interested in extending our date and going there?"

I smile and nod my head, "I'd love to, you and ice cream, sounds like a great plan, although, i don't know, might be too many good things in one room." He smiles at me, "now if I'm not mistaken, I'd say you were flirting with me?"

I shrug, "maybe I am, and maybe I'm not." He chuckles and shakes his head, the waitress comes over and takes the dishes. "Ready to go?" He smiles. "Yea but we didn't pay..." I trail, looking for the check.

"Already taken care of, I pre paid." He says casually and gets up from his chair, reaching his hand out for mine. "Wait actually? I wanted to pay this time," I pout but take his hand. "Never!" He chuckles and pulls my hand out of the restaurant excitedly, I follow him.

We get outside onto the sidewalk, "the ice cream shop is just down the road so I figured we would just walk," He holds my hand as we walk and I nod, shivering a little from the slight chill in the air. He seems to notice and shrugs his jacket off his shoulders and puts it over my own.

"Oh, you don't have to," I smile. "But you were cold! I can't let you freeze, now can I?" He says and smiles. "I mean... technically you can." I chuckle. "You're ruining the romanceeeeee!" He drags out his words and chuckles and I shake my head, putting on a ridiculous voice, "oh, fine. Oh Shawn, I am ever so honored to have your coat!" I giggle. He bursts out laughing, making me start to laugh and we must look like two psychopaths on the street but neither of us seem to care.

We finally get to the ice cream parlor and Shawn was right, it was absolutely adorable. It looked old fashioned and it was a tiny little place with blue and pink colors all around. I smile, "wow this is so cute."

"Would I lie to you?" He asks, looking up at the menu. "I guess not... but maybe, who knows?" I shrug and laugh softly, looking up at the menu and deciding on mint chocolate chip on a waffle cone.

I go up to the counter and order and start making my way to the pay desk but Shawn cuts me off, throwing money onto the counter before I can and I glare at him, he just licks his chocolate waffle cone and shrugs. I groan and we walk outside and sit on the cute little bench, it really was a nice night, the stars were showing.

He smiles at me randomly. "What?" I ask and he just shrugs, "you're just really beautiful, and when you look up at the stars your eyes fill up with light and you just look stunning."

I blush and look down, smiling, "wow... you're so sweet I just, I don't know what to say..."

"Well, then I have something that maybe you will know the answer to." He says and I look up, "oh yea, what's th-" I start and he cuts me off, his lips on mine and I immediately kiss him back, wrapping my hands around his neck as his go to my waist and rest there.

I feel fireworks explode in my head as we kiss, his soft lips moving in sync with mine as he pulls my impossibly close to his body. We pull away and he rests his forehead on mine and we look into each other's eyes, our cheeks red and our eyes bright.

"Aria?" He asks softly. "Yeah?" I reply, smiling.

•Dylan•

Niall and I had just finished watching Anchorman and we were waiting for our Chinese food to arrive, so we didn't want to get started on another movie. "So what do you suppose we do till the food gets here? I ask curiously.

"How about 21 questions?" He suggests and I nod, sitting up a little. "Rules, only one word answers! Preferably yes or no. Answers can be elaborated after the game." I say and he nods, "I'll start?" And I nod in agreement.

"Favorite color?"

"Purple. Favorite food?"

"All foods! Biggest insecurity?"

"Body. Favorite sport to watch?"

"Golf. First kiss?"

I bite my lip and blush and mumble, "uhh some guy" He doesn't seem weirded out and I return to normal volume, "do you have a crush at this moment?"

"Yes. What animal would you be if you could be one?"

"Dog. Do you have a favorite family member?"

"No. Who are you closer to, your mom or your dad?"

"Neither. Favorite item of clothing?"

"Socks. Are you superstitious?"

"Yes. What's something you find to be overrated?"

"Normality. Tea or coffee?"

"Tea. Dogs or cats?"

"Dogs. What's something random that you love?"

"Baby sized things. Last concert you went to?"

"Shawn's. Night or morning showers?"

"Depends. Are you addicted to anything?"

"Food. Do you like to dance?"

"Yes. How would you describe yourself?"

"Honest. Are you competitive?"

"Very. How old were you when you had your first girlfriend?"

"13. Do you believe in love at first sight?"

"Yes. Worst habit?"

"Talking to myself. Piercings or tattoos?"

"Piercings." I point to my ear piercings. "Are you impulsive?"

"Sorta. Worst job you've ever had?"

"McDonald's. Burritos or tacos?"

"Both. Important trait in a guy?"

"Polite. Important trait in a girl?"

"Genuine. If you could change one thing about yourself immediately what would it be?"

"Face. What makes you insecure?"

"Social media. Video games or board games?"

"Both. When do you want to be married?"

"At the right time. How many kids do you want?"

"At least 3. What did you think you were going to be when you were little?"

"Footie player. Beach or mountains?"

"Beach."

(We are going to pretend that was 21 even if it wasn't, thank you x😂)

——-

Heyyyy let me know what you thought and don't forget to vote!

-laney