If I Can't Have You

We lay next to each other, both a sweaty heap, our fingers intertwined and our chests still rising and falling in sync from the activities that had just happened.

He turns to me after we had caught our breath and smiles, "you are amazing." He states, pecking my lips. I smile and peck him back, "and so are you."

"But not as amazing as you." He says and I roll my eyes, chuckling at his comment, "as if." I laugh and he shakes his head, "it's true..."

"Doubtful" I smile, "mr Canadian artist with amazing talent and crazy skills thinks he's not amazing. He's especially amazing compared to an ordinary girl like me."

"Baby, you're anything but ordinary." He smiles, "you're intelligent, you know more stuff than I ever could, you have a passion for so many things and you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and so much more. You're extraordinary."

I feel my face heat up at his words and I turn my face from him. He lightly tilts my chin back to him to meet his grinning face, "Hey, don't be embarrassed, I like when you blush, remember?"

"You're an idiot," I pout, and he grins, "but I'm your idiot," I laugh and shake my head, "yes, yes you are." I feel a little cold and sit up and grab his shirt and my underwear and slip them on and he slips his boxers on. I turn on my side and trace his toned stomach and he smiles.

"I have to say, I wasn't expecting that side from a little Canadian boy." I giggle and look up at him and he smiles teasingly down at me, "hey, who ya calling little?"

I scrunch my nose up and giggle again, "you." I poke his chest. He raises his eyebrows at me, "excuse me baby? That's not very nice."

"Oh I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings?" I tease, moving my small hand up to trace his jawline lightly with my thumb and he pouts, "Yes you did."

"Aw, I'm sorry, ya big baby," I pout back at him and peck his lips but he keeps his pout and crosses his arms like a child, "I'm not a baby."

"Yes you are," I coo, kissing his cheek. "Am not! I'm 6'2, I've never met a baby who's 6'2 before."

"Maybe you're not talking to the right babies," I shrug, kissing his chest. "We-well! YOU'RE a baby!" He stutters, the weak comeback falling from his lips.

"Okay I'm a baby, whatever you say," I continue to tease. "Finally you agree." He nods in satisfaction and I smirk, "mmhmm..."

"Heyyy, why are you sounding like that?" He whines. "Sounding like what?" I ask innocently. "You don't really believe me do you?"

"Wherever did you get that idea from!" I laugh and he returns to his pout and grumbles.

"I'm just kidding baby, I promise." I kiss his chest again and he kisses the top of my head, "Fine, I believe you."

I settle back into his chest and he wraps his hands around my waist, pulling me farther into his chest as I cuddle my face into his bare chest, breathing in the lingering scent of cologne on his skin.

I move to trace the elephant tattoo on his finger, "this is my favorite tattoo of yours y'know," I smile and he looks down at me, "I can tell by the way you always look at it. I love that one too."

I let out a small yawn and he pulls me closer into his chest, "tired baby?" He asks gently and I nod, "how can I not be tired after what happened before?" I say sheepishly and chuckle, burrowing my head into his chest. "That's true..." he chuckles, stroking his hand lightly along my hair and I feel my eyes flutter close.

"G'night," I mumble, already half asleep. "Night baby." He says softly, rubbing my back lightly as I fall asleep.

The next morning, I wake in Shawn's arms to some kind of music playing through the house and I furrow my eyebrows, I try to wiggle out of his grip but his arms keep me in place so I poke his chest.

"Shawn," I whisper. He stays asleep so I poke him again and shake him a little, "Shawn?" I repeat and his eyes open a crack, "hm?" He croaks raspily.

"Where's that music coming from?" I ask in confusion and he raises an eyebrow, seeming to process it for the first time and then he shrugs tiredly and pulls me back to his chest, "probably just Niall and Dylan."

"Well now I'm curious so we have to get up," I say and giggle and he grunts so I poke his cheek and he pouts. "Up!" I command and he groans, finally rolling out of the bed with me still in his arms, I squeak in surprise as he catches us before I hit the floor and we collapse into giggles.

When we finally regain ourselves enough to get up, he pulls my hand up and then we go downstairs to the kitchen, following where the music was coming from.

We find Niall and Dylan in the kitchen, Niall clad in just a pair of boxer shorts and Dylan in his t shirt and her underwear. They're unaware of us as Niall spins Dylan all around the kitchen and leads her around as they dance to the music cheerily and do cheesy dips, Dylan squealing and giggling as her hair flies everywhere, following her steps.

"They look really happy," I say softly to Shawn and smile. "Yeah, they really do. I'm happy to see Niall like this, he was going through a bit of a rough patch with his confidence and he was a little bit down." He says, smiling at the two.

"I'm happy for both of them, and yea, Dylan had a lot going on as you know, I'm just happy she's finally getting what she's always wanted and what she deserves." I smile, still looking over at the happy couple.

He pulls me into his chest and kisses the top of my head and I giggle, snuggling my face into his chest again and breathing in his scent. God, I was lucky.