Air

•Aria•

"I don't want you to leave," he pouts as we pull up to my house. "Well, if all goes well with my parents you'll be seeing a lot more of me, I promise. If they say yes I'm organizing it with the school tonight and I won't go in tomorrow and then we can hang out," I say, smiling slightly.

"that's not soon enough," he says, a slight whine to his voice. "I'm sorry baby," I say, frowning slightly at his sad tone. He sighs, "it's okay, it's not your fault. I'll just miss you."

"You'll see me in no time, I promise," I smile, even though that promise wasn't confirmed yet. He smiles, leaning in and giving me a short kiss. "I'll see you soon okay?" He confirms and I nod, hopping out of the car, and going into my house, giving him a wave and then entering.

The house smells good as I enter and I take it in. "Hi sweetheart!" I hear my mom call from the kitchen and I smile, following the voice and sitting down on one of the barstools, "hi momma."

"Hi baby," she smiles, stepping away from the stove and coming over to kiss my cheek. "How was your weekend?" She asks, going back to the pan to continue the fried rice.

"It was great! I had so much fun! But there is one thing I wanted to talk to you about..." I say and she turns around slightly towards me, "hm?"

"Well, Niall sorta asked Dylan to go on tour with him because he found out her situation and then Shawn asked me to come with him because he wanted to see me more and also because it will probably be good for Dylan to have her best friend with her. I can continue my schooling online and I'd write and call every single day and I honestly think it would be an amazing opportunity. I mean, I'll get to travel the world momma!" I say, letting the words spill out of my mouth.

She hesitates before speaking, drying her hands on her white apron, "I don't know baby... I mean, we will all really miss you here. Plus the whole world with Shawn, who you didn't meet too long ago? I'm just not so sure..."

"Think about it momma, think about how good for me it would be! I've been dreaming about this for forever..." I practically beg.

She hesitates again, longer this time, before answering again, "alright."

I widen my eyes, "like alright as in I can go?" She smiles, "of course you can go." I jump up and hug her tightly, jumping around in excitement. "But you need to call every day! Or at least every week... and, he has to come for dinner tomorrow night so we can meet him." she smiles, hugging me tight and kissing the top of my head.

"Thank you thank you thank you!!" I cheer, beaming. "I'll explain it to your father but you have to explain to Evie," she says and I nod, already planning it.

Later on, after all the dishes had been cleared and put away, Evie and I lay in my bed, after what I had told her, she wanted to spend time with me before she didn't get to see me as much.

"Do you love him?" She asks, out of the blue. I think about the question for a second, "I know it sounds crazy because it's been such a little amount of time, but honestly, yeah."

"Does he love you?" She questions and I think again, "I'm not sure eve, I don't want to assume anything," I shrug. "Well, I'll be the judge of that tomorrow. I hope he's ready to be watched like a hawk!"

"Oh god, please be nice Evie." I groan playfully and laugh. "Nuh uh, he needs to know who he's messing with!"

"Oh yeah, I'm sure your 5 foot body could take down his 6'2 body in a second!" I laugh and she frowns, "well, maybe I could!"

"Mmhmm, keep dreaming, now go to sleep, you have school tomorrow." I say. "So unfair you don't have to go." She whines.

"Hey, only 3 more years..." I chime and she groans, flipping over and pulling the pillow over her head. "Love you too Evie," I laugh and shake my head, shutting my eyes to go to sleep, feeling thrilled that I was all signed up for online school.

I wake up the next morning to the sun bursting through the windows into my eyeballs and burning me, I groan and pick up my phone, picking up my phone and checking the time, 9AM... too early.

I groan and flip over, but a text from Shawn flashes into the screen and a smile spreads over my face as I open it.

Shawn: good morning beauty 💜💜 how did it go with your parents? X
Me: amazing!! They're letting me go, but you have to come to dinner tonight...
Shawn: fair enough...
Me: if you want, when we hang out today I'll help you pick out an outfit or whatever you need.
Shawn: awesome! What time do you want me to pick you up to hang out?
Me: well I'm still in bed right now so... 12 ish?
Shawn: works for me, see u then baby X
Me: can't wait!

I get off my phone and smile bigger, it really was the little things that made me happy. I get up and grab some clothes and stuff and go into my shower, scrubbing my hair and body and singing Mercy.

I finish my shower and get dressed, doing light makeup and braiding my wet hair down my back. I skip out of my bathroom and spin around the house on my socks, just being in a good mood for whatever reason.

Around 11:45, I unbraid my hair, leaving the waves that the braids made in my hair so it looked loose and pretty and then grab my phone, shoving it into my back pocket and then continuing to dance around the house like an idiot while I waited on Shawn.

Hiiii don't forget to vote! xx

-laney