captive

captive

I've been in this place for the past four weeks now and I feel like I'm in prison.

I was rarely allowed to leave my room, the only times I was allowed was when Alec was with me when all staffs were dismissed.

I remember Alec telling me that I would be formally introduced the day after I came, but that never happened.

Alec came three times a day, only to give me food and talk with me as I ate. Other than him, I haven't seen anyone else. Not even my mate.

After the night I arrived here, he arrived a day later. I could feel him near, I drown in his intoxicating smell, but the torture was that I haven't seen him and I wasn't actually beside him even though he was so close.

As they say, so close, but still so far.

The worst part is that not being anywhere near him is actually torturing me. The mate bond was physically hurting me. Mates are supposed to be together when they meet and can't be too far from each other. Being near each other makes them strong and well, the opposite happens when they're too distant from each other. Distant not only physically but relationship-wise also.

Lately, I've been getting headaches, chest pains and dizziness. At first, they were mild. As the weeks went by, my headache would be so bad, it kept me awake at night. At times, I would stay in bed because I was too dizzy to even keep my eyes open. I couldn't even eat because I'd just vomit it out.

This is just the physical damage of being away from your mate, I heard that it could get worse and could hurt more if you're unable to take the pain.

Tonight, however, I wasn't feeling anything so far. No headaches, stomachaches, nothing. It was like taking a break from the sickness. Or so I thought.

A stabbing pain started in my chest and started spreading in my whole being. I felt like my heart was breaking. At first, I wondered if this pain was the mate bond punishing us from being away from each other. However, no.

An ugly thought creeped its way in my mind and I wanted to shake that away. No, it can't be.

It just can't be.

But then again, when I talked to my mate, he seemed determined to make me suffer. Is this part of it?

Is him being with someone else right now part of making me suffer? Because if it was, damn, it was working.

My heart was sinking, hurting and stabbing and the mate bond just made it feel worse. Tingling pain left its mark on my skin and somehow, I know it came from another girl's touches. Her hands were making their way up his face and I felt it.

I felt everything.

I haven't cried ever since I left my old pack and I was determined not to cry. I didn't cry when the mate bond was punishing us for being away from each other. I didn't cry when I felt so damn lonely and imprisoned in this place. But now, I felt the tears rising up and although I tried my best to hold them off, they fell on their own.

My wolf retreated in the back of my mind. I tried talking to her, but she didn't say anything. I could also feel her loneliness and her hurt. What hurt more was that I couldn't help her in her pain because I was terribly hurting too.

'I'm so sorry.' I whispered to her and all I could do was hope that she heard my apology. After all, I was sorry that she got to be paired up with me as her human. She deserved someone better. And now she gets to suffer my unlucky life as well.

The pain became unbearable after a while and my crying had done nothing. I felt the pain all over.

I closed my eyes hoping that the pain would go away, hoping that it would stop, that he would stop. He had me, his mate. Why was he with someone else?

I tried not to get angry, I tried not to blame myself, I tried not to think about, but it was hard when you could literally feel your mate cheating on you.

I started pacing around the room, thinking about a million things in my head about why my mate would do this to me. Cheating on your mate is probably one of the worst offences you could commit. It was absolutely wrong, an outright disrespect to the moon goddess.

My room suddenly seemed to be so cramped and it was getting harder to breathe. I needed to breathe, this room seems too much like a prison for me and I couldn't take that. I opened the door of my room, although I knew it was wrong for me to do so.

Alec always reminded me to stay here, to not ever go out. But at this point, I didn't care. I needed to go out, I needed a run after a month of being held captive here.

I knew that the stairs were all the way at the end of the hallway and that downstairs, beside the kitchen was the pack house's backdoor. So I took the route that I remembered in my head. At first, I was only fast-walking, but then I started running.

I unlocked the backdoor and the moment I stepped outside, I immediately felt better. The feel of the ground under my feet was a feeling I definitely missed. I felt like I could breathe better and the pain seemed to stop for a bit.

And then I started running towards the forest that was not too far from the pack house. I didn't shift although I wanted to because my wolf was not responding to me and I didn't want to shift without her permission. But I felt her putting down the barriers that she set up. She was probably happy that I was able to get out too.

I started running deeper into the forest in human form and I felt rejuvenated. I could feel after those weeks of being locked up inside.

The fresh scent of the air, the twigs snapping under each step I took, the feel of the leaves against my skin as I passed by them. I missed it all.

'Is it okay if I shift?' I ask my wolf.

'Of course!' she said happily. However, I was going to start shifting when the scent hit me.

I stopped on my tracks and waited, making sure that what I was feeling was real, that what I was smelling was real.

'He's here.' I told my wolf and she agreed.

My heart started beating so fast, mostly the mate bond because I knew that beneath it all, I was scared of him.

I started running away, but that wasn't such a good idea because I could feel him coming closer so quickly. I ran faster, but the speed of an Alpha compared to a speed of an Omega, I mean, it's not even a match.

The only way to put distance between us was if I shifted and I was about to do so when I felt a hand grabbing my arm harshly. I gasped at the strong sparks that his touch caused and immediately flinched at the pain of his grab. He must've noticed because he let go immediately, causing me to fall on my butt to the floor.

Ouch, can't he a bit nicer?!

I snapped my eyes accusingly towards him and all that courage washed away when I saw his golden eyes looking so angry as he looked down on me.

Well I'll be damned.

-----

A bit of a late update (20mins late to be accurate), but here you go! 💕

Show some love to our heroine because she needs it 🌸

don't forget to vote, comment and share!