safe

|safe|

ALEC'S POV

ALEC'S POV

Ian and I both ran towards the pack barriers, trying our best to follow Hannah's scent. She somehow managed to create an opening on the barrier and flee.

The moment the barrier was interrupted, I felt it and I'm pretty sure the other high ranking wolves were able to feel it too. Elliot and Sierra had immediately mind-linked me asking what was wrong as Ian and I left the banquet hall.

Elliot mentioned that he felt the barrier opening and I told him we'll check on it and at the same time assuring him that we didn't need any help.

'Is it rogues?' Sierra's voice rang out inside my head.

'You don't have to worry about anything, Sierra. Just enjoy the party.'

Ian, though, was running at full speed. He wanted to get to Hannah as fast as possible. He rarely showed it, but of course he cared for her. Even if he did try to deny it and hide how he cared for her, we both knew that he failed at that although he seemed to have Hannah convinced that he was indifferent towards her.

I was actually quite worried about Hannah. Considering she was an outcast, I don't how she will handle being a Luna. Not only that, I know that the pack will not react well if they find out that she was previously an omega, and honestly, it's not that hard to notice.

For a pack of warriors, one look at her and they will know that she's not experienced in combat. I don't know when Ian wants to announce that he has found his mate, but I could feel that it was near. And once he does, Sierra will be the first to challenge Hannah for the Luna's position.

Though it does make me wonder, how did Hannah open the barrier? Surely, there must have been some sort of mistake.

I caught a whiff of Hannah when we got out of the pack's barriers and realized that we must be getting near, but the loud thuds I heard did not announce good news. I glanced at Ian who ran even faster.

Finally, as we drew closer, I saw figures jumping here and there only for them to stop while one figure lay on the ground. It didn't take a genius to know that it was Hannah.

Sensing our presence, the enemy concealed their presence as they quickly got out of the scene, seemingly disappearing. Unluckily for them, I was here. They were assassins, trained to be the very best at that, but my senses were sharp.

Arriving on the spot, I saw Hannah lying on the ground, she was unconscious and was badly beaten. Something in me stirred, my wolf feeling angry that our Luna was hurt because we weren't able to protect her right.

Ian, on the other hand, went straight for Hannah. Although he was obviously seething, he gently scooped her under his arms and tried waking her up, but to no avail.