challenges

|challenges|

I wore black shorts that went down till the mid of my thigh

I wore black shorts that went down till the mid of my thigh. I matched it with a black shirt, light and tight so it wouldn't get in my way of fighting.

'Are you ready?' I ask my wolf. She growled inside my head, low and dangerous. Yup, she was ready. She had been so vicious and feisty.

'Don't even try to hold me back Hannah, because I will fight.' she said back. A smile made its way to my lips.

'And who told you I wasn't?'

A knock came in the door of the cabin followed by the door opening. I turn and see Alec coming through the door, a worried expression on his face. I haven't spoken with him lately and whenever I saw him, he always looked so worn out.

"Are you alright?" I ask, finishing my braid. Alec rubs his jaw and sighs before looking to back to me.

"I should be the one asking that, dummy." he says and reaches his arm out. Although I felt nervous, I slipped my arm around his and he started to lead me down the battling fields, literally.

We stood behind the doors that led to the fields as we waited for the announcements. Ian couldn't be here because he was the one overseeing the battle with the other elders to make sure of the fairness of the battles.

The Beta was to guide me and the other contestants were to be led by the Gamma or so I've heard.

After Ian dropped me in my room last night, he wished me all the best, promising me that he was going to make things alright and that he wouldn't let the other warriors hurt me. I didn't know how he would, but I chose to push it from my mind. I had my own battles to think of.

The crowd outside were lively, their chatters and screams were loud until Ian's voice beamed everywhere.

"Panselionos, today is the day where you determine your Luna. The battles will take place consecutively and in order of those who challenged your Luna natura. All weapons are allowed, fighting with your wolf is permitted as well as well as magic. Defeat is declared when one wolf bows down in submission, by great incapacitation or by death. The elders and I will be overseeing the battles. Now, without further ado. Let the battles begin!"

The crowd cheered and the doors opened.

My first opponent was none other than the Delta herself.

"I'm hoping for all the best for you, Hannah." Alec said as he lightly pushed my back towards the battle grounds. I looked back to him and as I see him, the doors were closed.