fourth

| fourth |

I woke up with the cold wind blowing hard against my skin which was strange because we were in the southern pack and the weather here isn't as harsh as Panselinos

Bothered, I reached out for Ian who should be beside me to keep me warm. Did I forget to close the window last night?

To my surprise, when I reached my hand out, his side of the bed was empty. My eyes immediately opened and I found myself alone in the room. The window was opened, as if by accident, the white curtain was getting swayed outside the room.

It must have been the crack of dawn because the air was chilly cold and the sky was still dim.

I looked down and see that my white nightdress was completely dirty and all mudded up. It looked like I just came from a long run from outside, but I was never inside.

Is this a dream? I ask my wolf.

It's a vision. I smell her, my wolf answers and took over. As soon as my wolf took control, she jumped out the window and I quickly scolded her for not being careful.

My bearing of a child is still very delicate and I absolutely needed to be careful.

Who are you sensing to be this irrational when you know that I'm carrying a living soul inside me?! I say quite annoyed.

My wolf whimpered lightly, signing me that she was sorry, but she led us to the forest as if chasing for something. But I couldn't see anyone or anything. I felt like we were running for nothing.

But then I hear a scream. A shrill piercing through the sky, a cry of desperate help.

It's her, the fourth warrior, my wolf quietly says and instantly, I got alarmed.

The fourth warrior?

I concentrated my senses and sure enough, she was around, but very faintly. Her scent... it's different. I focused even more, but the more I put my mind to it, the more traces of her disappeared.

And after a while of running, the feeling that she was nearby completely disappeared and my wolf slowed down. However, as we were slowing down, from a distance I could see someone standing in the middle of the forest.

An enemy? A Stray?

No, it's someone I know.

The closer I got, I was able to see.

It was Cassian.

He was panting hard and looking frantically in all directions as if he had just lost his prey. Seeing me, he was surprised too, but then he looked frustrated.

"C-Cassian, what are you doing out here?" I ask while putting my arms around me, the cold of the dawn was pretty strong.

"N-nothing, I just..." he took a break and caught his breath, "I almost had it." he says, frustration can be heard from his voice.