divulge

| divulge |

I'm not feeling well, not at all

Ever since I removed the poison out of Maddie, I've been feeling unwell. I didn't mind the pain, but the one I was worried about most was my child.

Whenever I healed someone, I could lightly feel a part of their pain, but feeling this poison, it was terrible. No wonder it kept Maddie sleeping for two weeks.

My heart was beating fast as I concentrated at the heartbeat beating within me. It was weak. My heart was starting to break.

No, no. Hold on, baby. I'm so sorry, I didn't think it would hurt you too.

I tried talking to my baby, I tried to take away the pain, but it was hard. This was, in a way, a repercussion whenever I healed someone and there was nothing I could do about it.

The heartbeat was weakening.

"No, no, no. Stay with me." I clutched my stomach tighter and closed my eyes tighter to concentrate on easing the pain away from my child.

I could feel my tears forming and dropping.

Please, don't take him away from me.

Please.

Please.

IAN'S POV

"From my observation, it seems that the warriors will all be coming from the strongest pack of different cardinal territories. Chári came from Panselinos of the north, Dynami from Lucidum of the south and Elpida from Luna Flumine of the west. Now, the fourth warrior will for sure come from the strongest pack of the east, Lux Lillium." Archer said lengthily.

Chase and I nodded in agreement.

"Yes, I've already spoken with Caspian. He's on his way here and he should arrive tomorrow." I confirm. I was also good friends with Caspian and so I was able to get him to come right away.

"What should we do about the Council?" Chase asked.

I sighed and threw a dart at the dart board behind Chase's office door. Bull's eye.

"Hannah keeps telling that she doesn't trust the Council. She says that she feels they have something to do with the Strays." I admit.

Chase looked up as he drank from his coffee while Archer stopped scribbling at a notepad which supposedly contained plans of what we will do next.

"Hannah too? Hazel never trusted the Council ever since we were kids. I remember she played a nasty prank on one of the elders." Chase laughed at the memory which earned a squint from Hazel's mate. I laughed along.