plans

| plans |

The morning finally came and after eating, everyone gathered at this conference room

I was honestly still sleepy when Archer started talking, but what took my attention and woke me up was when he started talking about how many packs had been destroyed by our enemies.

"In total, 14 packs have been destroyed ever since the last 6 months..." Archer ended grimly.

14 packs?

My breath stopped and my heart fell just thinking about the people who lost their homes, their families and friends and most importantly the bond that they had with their packs.

Thinking about the 14 packs who have lost their everything, I started to feel a mix of ander and compassion. But I think I felt more frustrated than anything.

I feel like there's nothing I can do.

I want to help them, but... how?

My hand instinctively touched my stomach and I felt guilty of being pregnant.

Am I really going to be useless at such an important time like this? I'm a warrior yet I can't even help these people out.

My thoughts drowned the voices around me, all there was is that accusing voice that I could not do anything for people who are in need right now.

And all of a sudden, Ian holds my hand under the table. The electrifying touch shocked me and I immediately looked towards him.

He looked at me with concern as if he knew what I was thinking and then shook his head gently. I felt even more guilty and ashamed of my thoughts so I brushed his hand away and looked away, a heavy feeling still sitting on my chest.

"The fourth warrior is my mate?" I hear Cassian mutter. I turned my eyes towards him instead of my concerned mate who was burning my back with his stare.

"Well, it's an assumption." Hazel clears out.

"Our packs are the oldest packs there are and the strongest of our territories. Panselinos has the first warrior, Luminare with the second warrior, Luna Flumine with the third warrior and your pack Caelum. All the more, your pack has elders who can foresee the future, even if it's rare." Chase says.

Cassian took a deep breath and exhaled tiredly.

"Uhm... sure, there is a problem though." Cassian starts. We wait as he continues the story and feeling the pressuring eyes around him, he decides to speak.