change

change

Everything has changed.

I found myself in the kitchen the next day standing in front of two lovely ladies. 

"Everyone, this is Hannah. She's here as the Alpha's guest." Alec introduced me as he went around the table and opened the fridge. He crouched low, finding something inside the fridge. 

The two ladies eyed me from head to toe and I held my breath waiting for a reaction, but they were too guarded. 

The first lady was probably in her early forties. Blonde hair, hazel eyes and lovely pearly whites. I smiled back at her and nodded courteously. The other girl was probably the same age as me. At first, she was observing me carefully but when I caught her eyeing me, she immediately smiled and waved her hands up. 

"Oh my! The Alpha's guest. My, my isn't that quite rare, Lauren?" the young said to the older one named Lauren and started laughing quite fully. 

"Absolutely. It's an honour to receive you." she said and bowed her head. I shook my head and didn't let her bow lower. I didn't deserve such act. I was an Omega after all. 

"Please, no need. I'm Hannah." I introduced myself and bowed my head to the two. 

Finally, Alec found whatever he was looking for which was just a strawberry milk. Is he serious right now?

"Hm, well. Introductions over? Andrea how her around the pack and make sure she knows a bit of her way around. I would love to take you, darling but I've got things to do." Alec winked at me as he smiled. He sipped his strawberry milk and waved his hand as he left the scene. 

I was just there, dumbfounded. How dare he just leave me with these two strangers? I mean, we were tired of each other's company but he couldn't just leave me here!

We all watched as he left the scene, plain confused. 

I could literally hear the wall clock ticking the seconds away when I heard someone clap their hands. I looked over to Andrea and found that it was her. 

"Well, our Beta has said it. We must follow what he says right?" she says joyfully and grabs my arm. "See you later, Lauren!" she said as she dragged me out of the kitchen. 

Was she really going to show me around the pack? Are they not trying to hide it anymore? Well, that's a start, but... it's so weird. 

I was pretty sure that Ian was adamant to lock me up away for the rest of my days, but here I was stepping out of the pack house legally. 

The sun blinded me. Wow, I'm actually outside. My first taste of freedom after a long time. I couldn't help but smile. 

"So I'm guessing you know, this is the pack house. That building right there is the clinic. In case the Alpha gets injured, the pack doctor will be next door." Andrea started as she pointed at a three story building right beside the pack house. 

A few pack members that were passing by stared at me weirdly and I could almost hear their questions in my head. Some looked curiously, some wearily, some were judging me, some sizing me up. There were definitely more people here than my old pack and that scared me. I tried my best not to mind though, but it was hard.

After the clinic, Andrea showed me the centres. The kids' centre, the young adults centre and she showed me their market place. That was where they learned. The teens had a local high school in which they attended located a few minutes drive from the pack. Apparently, the school was controlled by werewolves although there were some humans unaware about their surroundings.