danger

|danger|

The moment I stepped out of the barrier, I felt it

My every move was being watched.

I turned this way and that way trying to find where they were, I couldn't pinpoint exactly where, but I knew they were here.

I had ran a few minutes away from the pack and found a nearby river. The moonlight's reflection was so clear on it and again, I felt weirdly close to the moon.

I bent down to drink, but I haven't forgotten the heavy eyes I felt on me. From where I was, I tried to locate my watchers, but I couldn't. All I could feel was their protective barriers, allowing their whereabouts to be hidden.

Standing up, I allowed myself the leisure to walk. Walk further away from the pack. I wondered if Ian would come after me. However, I quickly shook that thought away. He had Sierra.

After a while of walking, I decided to run and I quickly realized that whoever was watching me was now following me. I tried to run faster, but they caught up to me.

I focused on my senses, luckily I got a whiff.

There were at least four people following me. Damn it, four against one. It's a sure loss.

So I kept running, but I knew I couldn't run forever. The further I ran from the pack, the chances of running into a rogue increased. Not only would I have four enemies, I could have up to ten.

That's when I felt a sudden jolting pain on the back of my right shoulder, causing me to trip. I grunted in pain, looking back enough to see the glowing green aura mimicking an arrow that shot me. It dissipated into thin air quickly.

Suddenly, I found myself in the centre of four masked people.

The pain was almost unbearable, but thankfully I felt myself healing quickly from the attack.

"Interesting..." one of them muttered.

"Hey, Ina, you went too easy on her!" another scolded.

"I didn't, she just... My arrows are enough to incapacitate a person an hour or two, you know that." a girl said.

"She can't be Panselinos' healer. She doesn't even belong in the pack." another noted, which startled me. I've been in the pack long enough to have my scent mixed with theirs, although I'm not yet officially part of the pack, they should still have a hard time differentiating.