Stranger

This feels like a déjà vu. The ceiling is surely not mine so as these sheets. My bed is not this big and my apartment's so small you can see everything in a glance. Where's the kitchen area, my multipurpose table at the middle? This shirt. It's not mine. Where's my necktie and the long sleeves I was wearing yesterday? Ugh. I feel sick. What happened? I don't smell like alcohol so why am I dizzy? Is this supposed to be a hangover? It can't be. I don't drink. "You're awake." I look up to the door placed conveniently at the other side of the room and see a man who looks as if he just came out a fashion magazine; the one with ripped, sharp jawed male models. "How are you feeling?" He can be handsome and hot for all I care but he's a stranger. He might be plotting my demise for all I know. "Who-Who are you?" He leans away from the door frame and approaches the bed with wide strides. He smiles innocently then pushes me down the bed with slight force.

My heart's thumping like crazy. What's wrong with this man? One moment he looks so harmless then suddenly he turns into a scary looking sex maniac. Don't tell me he's going to force me? Wait, he might've already did it when I was sleeping! My poor, virgin soul! 

A loud laugh pulled me out of my internal dilemma. The stranger is now lying on the bed beside me laughing his heart out. "Um, excuse me-" He turns to me while wiping the tears from his eyes. It's odd but that made him look more youthful. "You don't have to look so scared. I'm not going to do something you don't like. I'm not a pervert. If I was I would've done it to you already while you were sleeping. After all, you look so delectable." What is this guy even saying? I'm so shocked I can't even answer back. Also, isn't he contradicting himself? He said he's not a pervert but he just said I'm delectable. I'm so embarrassed for him, my heart can't take it. "Where's my clothes?" 

I didn't say anything more to him until I was able to step out of his large, modern and luxurious flat safely. He looked really peeved but I can't trust someone who takes a stranger back at his home. I thanked him already and that's enough. Once I closed the door, I hurriedly went out of the high-rise building and tried figuring out the way back home. 

My phone was out of battery so I was more determined to reach my apartment fast. It would be bad if Ty and Peter actually went last night and didn't find me. They'll surely set-up a search mission. This is bad. I don't really remember much about yesterday besides the fact that I got fired from work. I might've gotten really shocked and decided to drink even if I've never done it since the summer of freshmen year in college. That made more sense since I've woken up in a stranger's home with a headache and different shirt. I might've also vomited in the process. I should've thanked the guy a little more sincerely.

As soon as I stepped inside my place, I was tackled to the ground by a red faced, crying Ty. He's wailing so loudly I felt so bad and at the same time afraid that we'll disturb my neighbors. "Where were you!? I was so worried! How can you do this to me Ell!? We said we'll be picking you up last  night so we can stay together for the weekend but you weren't here and we've waited and waited! You never came so I didn't know what to do! Peter called some help and nobody found you! The police said it hasn't been 24 hours so, so-" I sigh in defeat and hug my sorrowful friend. I should really think before doing anything. It hasn't been a month since they came back and they're already worriedly taking care of my grown-up ass. I can't be any more pathetic than this. 

"Ty?"

"I hate you, Elliot."

I smile slightly. "You don't really mean that."

He nods. 

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."

He sniffles and Peter finally approaches us to help his husband stand. "Where were you?" 

"Let's get inside first. I'll try to explain everything."

The couple settled to the floor in front of the table while I sat at my bed cross-leg. It's funny how this looks like a scene straight out of a Japanese comic book, only there's nothing really funny about the situation. Ty's lips are pursed in a tight line as Peter soothingly rubs his back. I should be the one crying here but I guess it's enough if someone's willing to do so for you.

"Elliot, what happened?" Peter speaks up first. He's probably getting tired of the distress his husband is feeling.

I took a deep breath and let the memories of yesterday fill me in. "I was doing my work as usual. All's been fine until Sarah suddenly got angry and stormed to my cubicle. She said all sorts of words to me, not that it was surprising, and asked me to voluntarily leave the company."

"You resigned?" Ty's eyes widen like saucers.

I shook my head. "No, I said I will not leave and that I will do better. I apologized. I was so sure she needed me more than I need her so I didn't really think of it. Until she said it."

"Said what?" Now, his eyes are narrowed confusedly. I really want to laugh at how fast Ty's expressions change but I don't think it's the right time for it.

I took a deep breath one more time to ease the building tension on my shoulders. "She fired me."

Ty's expression changed into an angry one. His fist clenched at his sides and his tears start to fall again surprising even Peter. "Babe, calm down." He hold his arms and pulls Ty to his chest. "I hate her. I hate Sarah. I hate everyone there! They shouldn't be hurting Ell! He shouldn't be suffering! I hate them!"

I felt hot tears start to fall on my own eyes. I don't know if it was because of the same anger or the gratitude that there's someone who feels empathy for me. I don't like hurting Ty like this. I hate that he's crying because of me. I hate that I'm burden for the two of them. They don't deserve me, really but the fates are probably so wicked that they let them have someone like me as a friend.

Peter kisses Ty's crown then looks at me, urging me to continue talking.

"I, I didn't really know what happened after. I guess I left and went to a club or some sort to drink. It was all a blur. The next thing I know I woke up in a stranger's flat."

They both turned to me quickly as if hearing my last words were something out of a fiction book. Ty's tears are suddenly gone and his eyes were narrowed once again in confusion. Peter's face was almost a mirror but he looks more mad than confused. "Elliot." He hissed. "Say that again."

I shook my head. Nope, not if it means my death.

"Elliot."

This time it was Ty who tried to calm his husband. "Babe, Ell was just, um, drunk?"

Oh no.

"Elliot."

"Yes, Peter?"

"Spit it."