Will You Marry Me?

"Where's the ring Ax?"

I chuckle finding it amazing how many times he's able to avoid answering me directly without a proper proposal. "You're not going to let me do it so easily, are you?"

"I told you, do it grand and I might consider it."

I tackle him to the bed and shower him with kisses. "But will you say yes when I finally do?" It might not be much for him but I am actually getting anxious. What if he doesn't actually plan on marrying me? What if all those plans were just him trying to feed my wistfulness? 

"I will. I really want to marry you, Ax." I can't almost hold back my sigh of relief. "I just want you to be really sure when you do it. I don't want you to do it just because you got carried away. Many times I do want to propose too but you deserve better than an after sex proposal."

"Now that makes me feel bad."

He laughs out loud and kisses away my pout. "I love it when you ask me tho. It makes me have the assurance that I'm not just the one thinking about it."

Heck, it's been on my mind since I first took him out on a date. It's supposed to be a secret but I'm always unconsciously trying to picture us with four kids running around while we cuddle at the couch on the living room. "There's one more thing we have to do before I actually ask you to marry me."

"What is it?"

"I should talk to your parents."

"But they're-Oh."

"It'll be a  bliss to just ask Ty and Peter but I think your parents also want to be in it."

"Thank you Ax."

"For you boo."

"You do realize that this seems like we're really planning to be married soon?"

I'd marry you right here right now if I can. "Nah, I'll let you cherish being my fiance for about two months before I start planning for our marriage."

"You're ridiculous."

Right when we came back from our short vacation, Elliot was summoned back to the office and I was left to do my own things alone. Once we get married, I'll convince him to open a company of his own so we can manage it and our time together. It'll also help us be able to look after our children. I want to be like Ty and Peter who spends as much time as they can with their kids.

It's obviously still too early in our relationship for us to get married but I do want to ask him already. I mean a year in is probably enough for that, right? I still have another year for my masters and I'm still planning to go for doctorate after but I just want us to have the assurance of a future together. Call me immature but I want to show off my ring whenever someone hit on me and tell her, 'I'm getting married, no thanks.' Imagine the satisfaction out of that. Elliot will probably get teased so much if they see him wearing one but it'll be worth it. It'll drive the bugs away. 

"How do I already know you're thinking about something ridiculous?" Zia kindly calls out to me as she tries to slice a watermelon. 

"Where did you get that?"

"A suitor. Anyway, why are you here? Aren't you busy?"

"It's a rest day. I'm planning on proposing to Elliot. Do you think it's too soon?"

She gets taken back by the question. Proposal is not just a small thing after all. "Are you asking because you want an opinion or are you asking because you want a blessing? There's a difference, Ax."