Meeting Elliot Price

The bar music blasted up as soon as I got in. It was already packed with several familiar faces, young bodies grinding with each other and the smell of booze in the air. It's a comforting scene one that I've always seen at the middle and the end of the week. I made my way to the bar feeling the excitement rise up my chest. "Mayers! Heard about the news. What is up with that? The poor girl's been on your tail for years. It's a surprise she didn't resort into putting some sort of love spell on you."

"Lupe, my sweet girl, I see you still know your ways on the latest gossips. What you heard is right and fortunately she's smart enough not to do so and for your knowledge, only you would think of doing that."

She winks at me and hands me a shot of tequila. "Have as much as you want. It's on the house tonight. For the success of my business!" She hollers so loud that everyone wounded up doing the same.

Lupe is another silver-spoon born like me and Brooklyn. We've been around each other since we were children and among us, she has always been hard to deal with. She likes to bask in her family's wealth and made sure to make her expenditures known. She drives the most expensive cars, uses the latest phones even her home's installed with the latest technology. This bar is just one of her spur of the moment investments. A week from now, it'll be up in the market and she'll be at another one throwing yet again another party. She's the literal representation of the word spoiled. Being an only child and an heiress of a century-old wealth will definitely make you one. There were clashes of opinions and tie-severing instances between us but I guess birds with the same feather do stick together. I may not be spoiled and extravagant like her but we both know how to enjoy our lives. We're exactly the female and male counterpart of each other.

After downing three more shots, I make my way to the dance floor, readily aiming for my conquest of the night. There should at least be one, thirsty young man who wants a piece of me. I should lay it off with women for awhile. We don't want another Ivanka turning up.

The search almost became hopeless until I laid my eyes on this handsome man standing aimlessly in the middle looking like a lamb among a pack of wolves his face flushed from the heat and perhaps some alcohol. I lick my lips, looking at him from head to toe. He's wearing a long-sleeved shirt and a loose necktie. He looked a little younger than me so he probably just failed a thesis defense and went to the club for the first time in his innocent life and drowned his sorrows.

As I approach the young man, I became more wary of his state. He was just standing there. Looking far off as if he just got drugged. He wasn't, was he? I don't think Lupe allows that here as far as I know. "Hey, are you alright?" He didn't answer. "You're extremely drunk you can't even stand." He slings his little arms on me and snuggles on my chest. "Hey! Hey! Don't sleep on me!" Just like that, he's out. I almost want to laugh out loud at how hilarious this situation has become. I approached him with the plan of seducing him. I don't think he even had that much to become this drunk.

I carry him back to the bar. Conveniently, there's a bag lying open by the side which can only be his seeing as no party goers in their right mind would bring that much stuff if he's planning to hook up by the end of the night. I rummage through its content and reach for his wallet to see his ID Card. Elliot Price. Huh. His name fits his adorable face. What surprises me is his age. He's 27-fucking years old. How can someone five years older than me look this young? Is he a vampire? I swear he looks not older than twenty two. This is a freaking conspiracy. Did he fake his ID? I look at the other contents of his wallet, only to see it with nothing but a five dollar bill and a membership card for a convenience store. His address is written on his ID so I guess I should just drop him there. After all, after all these I don't really feel like drinking and sleeping with anyone anymore. My night has turned far more interesting.

His place is so far off downtown that I can swear the place is some sort of gang hideout. His flat building can't even be called a flat with how rundown and small it is. I decided he's not safe there. He's so drunk and out of it that anyone could easily assault him in his sleep. I may be a player but I'm no rapist. It doesn't help that he's this adorable. Anyone would want a piece of him without even thinking twice.

I laid him on my bed carefully and changed his clothes with my shirt. This is the first time that I'm doing this for anyone. I do know his name but he's as good as a stranger. I don't even know what came to me when I decided to carry him off the dance floor. He's like this sweet, fragile kid that needs protection.

I really need to get out of my head. He's a grown 30-year old man. Heck bringing him to my place might be the wrong move but I don't want him to have the wrong idea if I bring him on a hotel. I have this feeling that this wouldn't be our last encounter specially now that I know his name and where he lives.

The next day didn't exactly turn out as I planned. He was so cute with his bed hair and my oversized shirt that I wasn't able to control myself and played a little prank on him. Let's just say he wasn't a fan of my humor. He didn't speak to me after he asked where his clothes are, not even when I offered breakfast. I was baffled at how easy it is for him to ignore me and act as if I didn't just help him out. I don't even know if I was angry or just annoyed by the fact that I didn't get to woo him.

That afternoon, I told Brooke of our small encounter and it was her who thought to let Elliot be for a few days. It could've come as a shock to him, being drunk and waking up at a strangers place.

It was not until Tuesday that the fate has paved the way for us to meet at the place closest to me. "It's you." He's sitting at my cafe with two men looking so thoughtful. "Did you get home safe?"He raised his head and boy does he looked surprised. He looks at his two friends in front of him and sure enough one of them was looking at me with deadly eyes. "H-how exactly, um. Yes?" He manages to babble. I ignore the threat and smile at Elliot. "I'm sorry about that morning. I shouldn't have brought you to my place without your knowledge. You were so drunk and standing aimlessly at the dance floor that you didn't answer me when I asked if you were alright then suddenly you blacked out. I was worried someone else would take advantage of you so I brought you to my place and asked the bartender where your things are." Well, not really but close enough.

His eyes widen and his whole face lighted up as if the whole world just became clearer. I can't help myself but tease him. "That and I was actually eyeing since you've entered the club so I did my part and tried pursuing you." I almost laughed out loud at how fast his expression changed.

"You." His glaring friend called out menacingly. "Who are you and what were you intentions?" I should be the one asking that Who are you and what are you to Elliot? I held up my hand in defense and shrugged. "I said it, I was interested in him so I helped him. I can't help it. He's cute. Who are you?"

"I asked first."

He's tough. "Right, I'm Axon Mayers. Now you?"

"It's not your business. We're leaving, come on." The rude guy pulls the smaller one with him and in response, he then reaches for Elliot but I was quick to hold on to him and stop them. "If I have bad intentions I would've brought you at a motel that night then left you alone the next morning. I'm serious. I'm interested in you." Even I was surprised at how sincere my voice sounded. It sent shivers down my spine when he blushed and looked away. "I-" Fortunately, his friend finally gave in and let us spend a few minutes together.

"I, um, how should I say this?" Elliot sits down and rubs his neck nervously. "I'm sorry about that night. I had a rough week and was so out of it. I'm thankful that you helped me out, really. Sorry about Peter. He's just protective."

"I can see. I take it their married?" I kind of figured after I saw their similar rings. He nods.

Thanks the heaven. It sucks if he actually turned out to be a competition. "Yeah. So can I ask what's your name?" Not that I don't know it but he doesn't need to know that I rummaged through his bag and looked at his ID. I bet he'll instantly lose his trust on me. He bites his lip making me internally swoon. "Elliot, Elliot Price." I smile at him, one that I know will get to him. "I don't want to get under their skin any more than I already have so I'm going to let you go for now. Just one more thing."

"Yes?"

"May I ask your number, Elliot?"