Surprise of a Lifetime (Part II)

I woke up with Axon not on my side once again. My body was sent into an automatic state of panic but I was able to force myself to calm down. After what happened the other day, I decided that I can't afford to lose him into something so trivial. I shouldn't jump so easily into conclusion. There's something obviously going on that only I don't know about and whether it's something good or bad, I have to face it with courage. 

There's a note on our bedside table but before I can read it, my phone rings with a message from Axon. 

Good morning, boo. Don't worry. Everything's fine. Just trust me. Read the note and go to the first place that comes to your mind.

I sigh in relief and finally let my eyes fall to the note he left. 

1st Clue: I saw you on the crowd and at that moment I was caught. 

This one is fairly easy. His friend's bar. The same place I got wasted on just the other night. It'll be so cruel if he's doing this just to spite me. Is it perhaps what I really think it is? Is he planning on breaking up with me? Is he finally convinced after I got overly emotional when he didn't answer my calls? 

No. There's no use thinking like this. I have to believe in him, believe that he'll never break up with me.

I change into a more proper clothes and make my way to the bar. 

As I reach the place, I feel even more nervous. Trust him Elliot. Everything will be fine. Just trust him. 

"Oh my gosh! You are so cute! Now I understand why Axon suddenly became the good dude that we once thought will never happen." Who is she? "Oh, forgive me. I am Lupe, the owner of this place and one of your soon to be husband's friends. Here's the second clue." Weird. She winks, hands me a note then disappears at the back of the bar. 

2nd Clue: 2nd Meeting. A coincidence? More like Fate.

This is so cheesy. I can't imagine Axon planning out something elaborate as this. When I turn to leave and go to the second place, the large LCD Screen lights up and a photo of me smiling flashes on the screen. I can't remember when this photo was taken but judging from the background and how out of it I looked despite the smile, it was probably that night I got drunk in here, the same night he first saw me and practically rescued me. 

He never said anything about taking a photo of me and I don't think he ever thought of taking it that night. I'll have to ask him about it later.

My heart feels more at ease and I am finally convinced that everything's alright and all of these will lead to something pleasant. 

The second place is obviously his cafe. It was that time where I was trying to restart my life and Peter and Ty were more than enthusiastic to help me out. I don't even know how I'll be who I am now if not for them. They are the people who were there for me through it all and I can't be any more thankful. 

"Hey babe."

I turn to the voice and there stands Brooklyn holding a hardbound book with orange cover. "Me of Tomorrow. It's your story and my new story."

"What?"

"It's set to be published in a month. Before that, I'm letting you read it. You can decided if it's going to make it or you'd rather have your life kept to privacy. I didn't use your name, obviously but more or less it's inspired by you."

"T-Thank you, Brooke."

"Aw, don't give me that look babe. It's going to make me cry and we all know I'm not an emotional person."