Break Up

Warren surprised me when he told me that he had talked with Axon and that he agreed to let me leave for the training. I knew I could've decided to just go even if he said no but I love him so much to hurt him like that. What Axon thinks matters to me and whatever the reason is that he said no, I know it's not something so shallow. I understood where he was coming from. I wasn't the only one relying on him anymore. As our relationship develops so as our mutual dependence. Axon is insecure and afraid of so much things. He's unsure and inexperienced just like me so me telling him that I want to go somewhere far from him surely made him feel more anxious. 

He also knew that when I told him that it meant I wanted to do it alone. Otherwise I would've straight up asked him to go with me. I can't even take it against him when he showed relief after I said I will not go. If I were in his place I would too. Axon has been my life since that day he asked me to be with him. The thought of him going far away will surely break me and I might even beg him to stay for me.

So I decided to stay but little did I know that it'll affect me so much more than I thought. Axon has been doing so much for me to make me feel better and yet there I was crying my heart out just because I failed to get across him. 

When I got home that day after Warren told me the news, Axon was sitting at the couch looking so helpless. He wants to make me happy but he hates the idea that I'll be away. We didn't say anything to each other for the long time besides whispering I love yous. Sometimes there are just decisions you have to make and no matter how small you think it is, there can still be several things you have to consider that might affect bits and bits of your life. 

The morning after, I feel more at ease. I am even excited to greet him good morning and finally see him smiling. 

I looked at his side of the bed and was surprised to see him up before me. What could it be this time? At the bedside table there's a note saying, "I'll be waiting for you." No. Don't tell me- I quickly fumbles through my phone and rings up his number. "Axon, please answer me." I called back five more times but there was no answer. No, it can't be what I'm thinking. I should calm down. He wouldn't just leave me like that.

I let the thought fall into the back of my mind and instead, get ready for the day. I message Ty to ask him if I can hang out after work but he doesn't reply so I call Peter. "I'm going to see the kids later with Axon."

"Yeah, sure, ok. See you later."

"Peter? Is everything fine?"

"Ugh! This damn man. Sorry El, I have to settle something. Will call you later." That's odd. I never encountered Peter being so fussy. He might be really busy with his work.

At work everyone's even more peculiar. Theresa has been focused on her table doing so much more work when she said yesterday that she has less things to worry this week. She didn't even greet me good morning. Warren's not in today and they said he's busy dealing with a client. Just when I thought I can finally get things going.

I try to call Ax more times but nothing goes through.

What could be the reason he's not answering my calls and replying to my messages? Did he leave his phone at home? That can't be it. I didn't hear it ringing. Maybe on his car? Yeah, that's more plausible.

It'll be better to focus on my work for now. I'm sure I'll reach him later.

Unfortunately, work was hell. 

I wasn't able to focus. I kept glancing on my phone expecting to see a message from Ax but there was nothing. When lunch time rolled up, Theresa was fast to turn me down and go out with Ken instead. I tried calling Ty again but he seemed so busy with his kids that he didn't answer even once.