Waking Up Beside You

"Hey boo, are the kids awake?" I roll my eyes at him and push his arms away from my torsos. "What are you even dreaming about?" He snickers before opening his eyes and kisses me on the top of my nose. "Good morning. I was trying to simulate the day when we finally have our own little family." I feel my heart flutters. He always catches me off guard with his sweet and honest words. I'm like a high school girl hearing the words 'I like you' for the first time. 

"So, when do you want it?"

"What?"

"To have kids, Elliot."

I want them now. Well, that's what I want to say but that will just seem to be giving up on Axon's whims. As much as I want to have children now, I know that it's not yet the right time. After all, "Ask me to marry you then I might consider it."

His lips lifts to a teasing smile. "Oh, are you asking me to propose to you?"

I don't know why but there's confidence budding up inside me. "Make it grand if you don't want to be rejected, Mayers."

"Gosh, I love you Elliot Mayers."

"Hey! Don't get ahead of yourself."

"So, what got you smiling like an idiot early in the morning?" Axon, I wanted to say but of course I don't tell her that. Theresa is after all in an unrequited love. 

She glances at the left side of the open office where Ken, a 37-year old handsome man, was sitting. He's in charge of the head marketing team and he's really good at what he do thus the infatuation. As what Theresa told me, they worked at the same company before as and it was him who recommended her to Paint HQ. She was hoping the recommendation is equals to him liking her as well but unfortunately, he's already committed or that's what she happens to believe so. 

"Why don't you just confess to him?"

"I told you, he has a girlfriend. I saw them with my own eyes."

"If I'm not mistaken, you saw them hugging. Hugging doesn't necessarily mean they are together."

"Ahuh?" I can almost see what she's thinking. I told her about what happened between Axon, Warren and I so it's not a surprise she's still seeing a fool out of me because of it." 

"That's exactly what I mean. You don't want to experience the same thing that I did. Oh, he's coming here." She tries to scramble away from me but I hold her hands to stop her making her shoot me a loathsome look. "Hi, Ken. What can I do for you?"

He gives Theresa a longing look (which the woman failed to see because she was too shy to look at him) before he actually gives me his attention. "Oh yeah, um, Elliot, can you please look at this new project? It's for the beauty salon that just opened down the street. They want us to do a poster for their first event." 

"Sure." He hands me the folder then turns to leave but not before intentionally bumping lightly to Theresa to get her attention. 

"Oh my gosh."

"Oh my gosh, what Elliot? Did you see that? He just bumped at me like it's nothing. I don't even matter  enough for him to apologize."

My head's already hurting from her obliviousness. Should I just tell her that it's not just her who's been stealing glances and trying to do random stuffs to be noticed? I am not even included in this project but he went and asked me for a useless opinion just because he saw her talking to me. They're worse than me when I was at 10th grade. 

"You know what? I am so done with you woman."

"What?"

"If you can't do it. I'll do it."