Babies

"I can't believe this is actually happening El! I'm so nervous but excited! Is this real!? Am I really-" 

"Babe, calm down it'll be fine."

"I just can't believe it's actually happening." Ty is full-on crying now. 

I've been staying at Axon's flat these past few days and has only been at their house last night. It was only six in the morning when Ty scrambles to my room and jumped on me crying out loud. I got nervous and panicked not knowing what was happening. I called out for Peter but he was also at a state of shock and speechlessness. It carried on for almost thirty minutes until Peter finally came back to reality and filled me with what the commotion was all about.

Their adoption agent e-mailed back late last night that they can finally formally adopt the two kids they were eyeing on since the time we came to visit at the center. I can still remember Ty playing so happily with them, almost crying with how much he fell in love with the kids at first sight. When they first got the approval letter they were already on their feet decorating the nursery and buying stuffs for them. I was hopeful that they get to finally have them soon and now that it's happening I almost want to cry with Ty.

Ty was already crying before he came to my room and now he's just even more unstoppable. It's funny how he looked with puffy eyes and red cheeks. "What time are you picking them up?" Ty looks at me with his lips pursed as if I just said something wrong. "You're not coming with us?" I roll my eyes at him. "I have work Ty. Besides, this is your moment. I can meet them when I get home. You and Peter go to the kids and spend the day with them." He nodded in defeat. "Meet us after work immediately, ok? No sleeping at Axon's." I chuckle and ruffle his hair. "No sleeping at Axon's. But can I bring him later?" 

"Only if he brings stuff for the babies." Peter calls out from the kitchen. 

Ty and Peter finally got the go-signal to get their babies.

What!? That's nice. Wait, you told me they're 4 years old.

They are. For me, anyone who's not yet six is a baby.

Oh no. That will be a problem.

Ahuh. Why is that?

What if one day our kids don't want to be called a baby anymore when they reach four? That'll be a problem. 

I froze, with my fingers hovered above the screen of my phone. He didn't just say that, did he? 

I press the power button of my phone and slip it to my pocket while taking a deep breath and urging myself to get a hold of myself. Nope, he can't mean that. It was just a slip-up because he was happy for Ty and Peter. Yup, that's just it. No need to overthink Elliot. No need to overthink. 

"Hey, El! Why do you look so pale? Are you sick?" 

"Good Morning Theresa, I'm good. Thank you for asking." 

"Are you sure? 'Cause you-"

I took another deep breath. "Yeah, I'm fine. Hundred percent."

"Ok?"

No Elliot. You cannot panic right now. It's nothing. That was nothing. You are fine. Stop overthinking. Stop overthinking. Stop overthinking. Stop overthinking.

I turn into work mode forgetting my worries and just doing things the way I used to do them. I am fine. I just have to believe that. Everything's sailing smoothly. I've finished creating the final designs for my client, e-mailed back some inquiries and made new proposals for new projects. I even watered the small plant I'm growing on my desk. Great. Things has been great. There's really nothing to be worried about. Gosh, now I felt like an idiot for being so emotional on small things.