Don't Leave Me

"They want to send me overseas for training."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Do you want to?"

"Are you ok with it?"

"I don't know."

"Then I'll not go."

I breath out, didn't even know I was holding it. Is it alright to feel like this? To be relieved? To be honest, I don't want him to go. I can go with him. It's not a problem. No matter how tiring the transfer process will be from my university I can do it if it means being with him but I also know that it's not something that Elliot will want. If he's going to do it, he's going to do it alone, away from his comfort zone and I do understand why. We've been supporting each other since we started going out and even for me the mere thought of him going away pains me so it's no surprise that for once, he wants to go and do things with his own willpower again. I do understand it, I really do. I just don't know if I'm ready for it.

I don't respond to him and instead pull him to my chest and wrap him around my comfort. It's fine. We'll be fine. If he has the choice to not go then that's better. 

The next day I was wary that El will act differently that his decision last night is not something he really wants but he's the same perky and sassy El that I've known and I'm convinced that we are good and we're moving past the hurdle already.

"Hey boo, good morning." I steal a kiss on his cheek from the back.

"Ew, Ax, did you brush your teeth already?"

See? The usual El. "You love me anyway."

He roll his eyes but smiles after. "Whatever."

"How 'bout we go out for dinner tonight?"

His eyes widens and he lets go of the the spoon he was about to deep on a yogurt cup. "Are you- Sure, but I want to eat meat."

Whatever he wanted to actually say first, I choose to ignore it. "Of course you do. I'll see you later then."

"You're leaving first?" He pouts adorably.

"I have to prepare early if I want to impress you, boo."

"That will be for Mr. Elliot Price at PAINT HQ, Creatives Department."

"Yup."

"Got it. We'll have it delivered right before lunch time as requested Mr. Mayers."

"Good. Thanks."

I left early to send him a surprise. Elliot loves flowers and he's made it his job to tend to the small garden we have at home. He glows majestically when he does it something that happens when you see him doing what he loves to do. Sending him flowers at work will surely make his day and hopefully help him tell his decision to Warren. 

The next hours were spent with me doing the usual things do. My classes are a pain but it's not like I can just ditch it any time I want. I chose to do it because I do love it of course but sometimes you can get tired of it and just want to rest away from all the information and research for awhile. It doesn't help that there's this girl in front annoyingly trying to get my attention. Maybe I should have a shirt made that says, 'Will only bend for Elliot.' so people like her can just scram.

As soon as the session finished, I practically ran to my car and drive my way to Elliot's office. I've reserved a good restaurant just few minutes away from our home and they've got this awesome steak that even my mom can't get enough with. It's sure to blow him away too.