Moving Forward

The excitement from the award winning confession is still flowing inside me. It's been days since it happened but the air of love is overflowing in the office it's hard to get over it. How nice it is to fall in love and be with that special someone. Everything's surely going the right way now and I can't ask for more.

"Uncle Elliot!" 

"Jules, Cart, did you have fun playing with your friends today?"

"Yup! Max said we'll meet again tomorrow!"

"Max?" I look at Carter questioningly. He shoots me a cheeky smile before climbing to the sit beside me. 

"He's Jule's future husband."

"Oh."

Jules nods shyly and reaches for my hands to play with it. "He said he'll marry me when we grow older."

Are they really three? How can they know about marriage? I just hope Peter doesn't hear it or else he'd throw a fit. "Ty, your son's engaged."

Ty looks up from the slime he's making, nodding eagerly. "Promise to keep this a secret to your dad, ok?" He asks Jules and Cart while reaching for a pinky promise.

"We promise!"

"You're so much like each other. I still remember when you asked me to keep it a secret to mom and dad when you started seeing Peter. It feels like it has just been yesterday."

"You were my best knight! They didn't find out when I sneaked out to go on a date with him. Thank you El!" 

I actually think that they know about it but let him be anyways. Peter once went to our house to formally asked for their blessings and after that they have been more trustful of him. They really liked him unlike-

"Uncle Elliot!"

"Huh?"

"Want to share my purple slime?"

"Oh, sure. Thanks Jules."

"Are you missing Uncle Axon?" Carter asks out of the blue.

"What made you think that?"

"You looked sad." 

Ty whisks to me and with one look it's as if he can read my mind. He gives me an encouraging smile and I gladly return it. I am better now. Memories are just memories; in time they will be long forgotten.

I call Axon as soon as I leave the house, wanting to feel the warmth of his embrace. A small talk about the past is like a key to me opening unwanted memories that I've locked away. I knew I had to let to go of it sooner or later. I have been holding back thinking about it that the pain simply became dormant, never gone. Now it's getting resurfacing again and the first one I want to reach out to is Axon. I have to talk about it with him. Letting it go will make it better. Axon will make everything better.

As I reach the entrance of the flat, I see Axon standing anxiously waiting for me. I felt relieved and at the same time bad that I'm making him feel like that. I want Axon to be always happy when he's with me but I know it's not going to happen if I don't make amends with myself first.

"Boo, what's wrong?"

"I feel sad." He wraps his arms around me reassuring me again and again that everything's alright and he's right there for me. 

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Yes." Yes, I finally want to talk about it. I feel like it's time to let go and I know Axon will just be right here with me.