Surprise of a Lifetime (Part I)

"Hey boo, are you alright?"

"Ax?"

Thanks the gods he's alive. His phone call last night surely drove me out of my mind. I was so scared he was drugged or something. Thankfully Peter and Ty were quick to call me when he stormed out of their house. I knew keeping this a secret to him was a bad decision. I should've trusted my gut better. It was hard not answering his calls and replying to his messages.

"What happened?"

He doesn't even remember what happened. Oh my poor Elliot.

"You got drunk last night."

His eyes widens in surprise and forces himself up making him obviously dizzy from the hangover. "Careful boo." I can't tell him he just drunk one bottle of beer. 

"W-why did I drink? Did something happen? I can't-" We stared at each other, him trying to find answers and me refusing to give him any. He'll be devastated to know what went down last night but I'm more afraid that he meant it when he said he wanted to break up with me.

"Oh! Bad boy finally decided to rise from the dead?"

"Brooke?"

Ugh! How can I forget about this woman?

"You were so drunk last night we thought you were actually drugged."

"It was that bad?"

No! Brooke keep your mouth shut. Please look at me. Brooklyn!

"Yup, you were yelling on the phone that you wanted to break up with Axon because he hates you."

Shit.

Elliot turns to me and boy do I want to hit myself so bad. He looked as if the world's ending. As if it's not enough, his lips are trembling and his eyes moist with tears threatening to fall. "Ax? Did I really say that?"

"El-"

"Do you hate me?"

"What!? No! Of course not! I love you El. I will never break up with you."

"Of course he wouldn't. He wouldn't gone all the way-" 

"Brooklyn."

"Oh."

This woman and her mouth. 

"Alright, take your time. I will be outside. By the way, Peter and Ty are coming over as well."

"The kids?"

"Don't even remind me of them." 

El shoots her a questioning look but she refuses to answer and leaves the room instead. "Does Brooke hate the babies?" 

"She doesn't." She's just afraid of children. "She just thinks they're too delicate or something."

"That's fine. She'll surely love them when she meets them."

We don't say anything else for a long time. I just missed having him on my arms. It has just been a day but heck do I feel so empty. 

I decided to finally take action and planned a surprise for him. I called all our mutual friends to help out and we were convinced that it would be better to keep distance from him while the plan's being put to action. I wanted it to be special and grand, something that he deserves so we were so careful. What we haven't foreseen is for him to feel alone. We should've thought more of how we could've kept the secret in a more discreet manner. Instead, we were all so wary that we ended up ignoring him. It obviously backfired. 

Imagine my surprise when he called me and told me all sorts of things not once did I ever thought I'd hear him say whilst preparing the surprise for him. I thought we were all doing a good job until I heard him so heartbroken on the phone and although there were words he thoughtlessly sputtered, most of it were thoughts he's been keeping and it just makes me feel more undeserving of him. 

"Ax?"

"Yes, boo?"

"I'm sorry for telling you those things."

"Do you finally remember them?"

He nods solemnly.

"It's fine. It was my fault anyway. I shouldn't have ignored you. It was a bad judgement on my part." Really bad judgement. 

He reaches for my face then gives me a light kiss on the lips. "What were you doing anyway?" 

Oh. I didn't see that coming as well. "Um- I-We- Brooke and-" 

Before I can formulate a logical answer to him, I was stopped by the door flying open and two small bundles rushing to us on the bed.

"Uncle Elliot! Uncle Elliot! Are you alright?" 

Bless these kids and their parents for coming at the right moment.

"Hey Jules, I'm alright. Uncle Axon took care of me."

Carter looks at me skeptically but soon let it go when I smile at him. "I'm going to hit Uncle Axon if he makes you sad again." 

How did he even know I was the culprit? 

"I heard him talking to Dad and Papa about you so I knew he was making you sad."

"Don't make Uncle Elliot sad again, ok?"

I promise Jules. Also to you, Cart.

"Pinky promise?"

I hold out my pinky finger and do the don't break the promise ritual all kids do. 

The day passed by with all of us hanging out at our house. Ty gave me a piece of mind and swore never to do it again. He even tried telling Elliot what were planning but thankfully Peter was able to convince him not to or else all our plans will be put in vain.

I was nervous the moment I woke up today, thinking of all the possible obstacles we might encounter. It's the D-day. All the planning I have actually formulated since that day we went back from the vacation leads to this moment. It's now or never. 

I make sure that Elliot's fast asleep before I leave the house. I write a letter to him and schedule a text message to assure him that today's not going to be a repeat of what went down the other day. 1st Clue: I saw you on the crowd and at that moment I was caught. I really hope he gets it or else this will all fail.