Chapter 9 - Shots, Shots, Shots, Everybody

"Why don't we go with a dare this time," chose Jacob, not sure he wanted another truth question out of the other teen. He just hoped it didn't include any more robbery than he'd already committed.

Spizzo's eyebrow cocked up at Jacob's choice. "A dare, huh? You surprise me."

Jacob shrugged, unsure how his choice was so surprising. Was he that obvious and predictable?

"How much have you had to drink?" Spizzo asked, thinking about his next dare. Any idea he had seemed too risqué for the other teen's taste and pushing the envelope too far now would've stopped the game shorter than Spizzo would like.

"A...few?" Jacob fibbed as he looked at the half-drunk beer on the table in front of him.

An overwhelming sense of things getting worse came over the teen as Spizzo remarked, "a few too little for my taste."

If there was something Spizzo knew for sure, it was that alcohol would make you agree to things your sober self would never dream of doing.

"I dare you to take three shots from any of these bottles," he decided as he prompted towards the liquor bottles that the other teen had stolen. Three shots wasn't really much in Spizzo's book, but for a lightweight like Skidmark, it was going to be more than enough.

"Uh, really? That's what you came up with?" Jacob replied in an attempt to divert Spizzo from making him do the shots. "I thought you wanted to do fun dares."

Spizzo, however, wasn't going to be lead away easily.

"I figure I gotta liquor you up before I come up with fun dares," he stated, a smirk clear on his face since he knew it would get under the other teen's skin more. "You'd pussy out of any of the fun ones I thought of, Skids."

Jacob scowled, not amused in any way. "You're so fucking rude."

"Yeah well, you're boring," Spizzo shrugged. "Facts are facts."

Jacob's scowl deepened at Spizzo's assessment. Maybe he wasn't a party animal, but Jacob detested being thought of as 'boring'. Though now that Spizzo had put it out there, he was between a rock and a hard place, between being a wet blanket and going against every fibre of his being.

"Why am I doing this?" he muttered to himself. Was he actually going to do this?

"Why don't I make it easier for you. I'll do the shots with you," Spizzo suggested, sensing the other teen's hesitation. Plus, why would he give up the opportunity for more alcohol? "It'll kick this all up a notch."

Jacob eyed him, still unsure.

"C'mon, man, it won't be as bad if you do it with me," coaxed Spizzo, not putting too much thought into his wording. Getting the other teen to get these shots down was like pulling teeth, but he knew showing his frustration wasn't going to get him what he wanted. "We'll make a game out of it."

"Isn't the game we're already playing enough?" Jacob retorted, only to shut his mouth at the glare Spizzo gave him. The new game wasn't a suggestion.

Satisfied that his look had said enough, the other teen pulled out a deck from the table beside him. "The game is 21," he announced, shuffling the deck as he spoke. "Loser of each hand take a shot."

Spizzo dealt the cards, first a Jack for the teen across from him, followed by a 2 for himself, and then a 9 back to Jacob before leaving one face down next to his 2. "So, what's your call?"

Even with his limited knowledge, Jacob knew he had a pretty good hand. "Stay."

"Good call," Spizzo smirked, flipping to reveal the face-down card. A 10. Much below what he needed to win, he dealt himself a third card, a 4, and then a fourth, an 8. "Damn, I'm bust."

As Spizzo downed his first shot, he dealt the next hand. An Ace and Queen straight off the bat for Jacob. Spizzo downed a second... and a third after he busted trying to beat the other teen's two Kings.

"Maybe I won't need to drink after all," Jacob joked. This was the best case of beginner's luck he'd ever had.

Spizzo grunted, three shots deeper than he thought he'd be. "Don't speak so soon, Skids," he warned, dealing the next hand. As a 3 and a 4 appeared in front of Jacob, he asked, "Hit or stay?"

Jacob eyed the 8 in front of Spizzo. Pretty clear what he needed to do. "Hit." A 6, still too low. "Again."

"Told you," was all Spizzo said once the Jack was revealed, already reaching for a bottle to give the other teen.

"This is gonna be fun, my fucking ass," Jacob grumbled as he took the shot that Spizzo gave him, choking a little as the burning made its way down his throat. That was not fun.

"Language, Skiddles, language," taunted Spizzo as he dealt their next hand... and then another as Jacob lost both hands. The teen is quick to give the loser his 'prize', wanting to get back to their original game. "See, it wasn't so bad was it?" he said, a teasing glint in his eye.

Jacob shook his head, both in disagreement to Spizzo's question and to try and get the horrid taste out of his mouth. "You're gonna regret making me do that," he warned.

"Oh yeah? Show me what you got, Skidmark."

"Fine, then," Jacob replied, his mind already coming up with ideas of what to do next. "Truth or dare?"

"Do you even need to ask?" said Spizzo, a part of him quite enjoying this side of the other teen. A mile better than the shy, reserved little thing he started off the evening with. "Dare, dare, dare, all the way."