Chapter 12 - Double Dog Dare 2: Electric Boogaloo

"Don't you dare," Jacob groaned, already knowing where this was going. The look on Spizzo's face made it clear.

"Daren't I?" the other teen challenged, the shit-eating grin already plastered on his face.

"No, you don't," replied Jacob, almost begging him to not choose what he was about to. But knowing Spizzo, there was no chance. He seemed to relish in his pain and suffering.

It was no different this time either. "Well, dare I do, Skiddly," Spizzo announced, already on his feet as he made his choice clear, "double dog dare!"

Jacob groaned. Maybe he should've been used to this by now. He was a few shots in. They had been torturing each other back and forth with this stupid game for about an hour. Why was he so reluctant to let go?

The more sober, astute part of Jacob's brain knew better than to let go though. He knew Spizzo; he'd take advantage of any weakness that Jacob showed. He had to stay vigilant. Otherwise, he'd end up doing on the news or in the back of a police car.

"C'mon, hurry it up and pick a dare," the other teen cut in, annoyed by Jacob's lack of action. "What's wrong with you?"

Jacob just grumbled to himself as he sunk deeper into his seat. He took a sip of the beer. It wasn't as bad now. Definitely better than whatever double dog dare he had to come up with.

"Skidmark," Spizzo whined like a petulant child wanting their parent to stop talking to their friend in the supermarket aisle. "C'mon!"

"Oh my god, why do you always have to call me that stupid, fucking name?" Jacob snapped. This was the most he'd every heard Skidmark, and it's sickly diminutives, in the entire four years that Spizzo had been using it. The 'nickname' had grated on him before but he'd avoided the other teen as best he could up until tonight, so the repeated barrage now was wearing his patience thin. "How about if the double dog dare is that we call each other by our real names for the rest of the night, how about that? Huh, James, what about that?"

Spizzo was silent at Jacob's rant, surprised that this was the button that had caused him to finally snap. He was also surprised the hear someone who wasn't his family call him by his first name. To everyone else, he'd always been Spizzo. No one else had called him James in years.

Unsure what to say, Spizzo stumbled on his words. Although he had enjoyed messing with the other teen so far tonight, he almost felt guilty for pushing him this far to get a reaction like that. "I-uh, I guess you're... umm. I don't know. I-uh...guess."

"Guess what?" other teen prompted.

"I guess you're right, Jacob," Spizzo managed to spit out. "We should do that; use our real names, I mean."

Jacob eyed him carefully, chewing the inside of his lip as he sized the other teen up. He wasn't sure what angle he was playing at. Spizzo was never one to back down easily like this. The look on his face, however, seemed sincere enough though. "Ok good," Jacob agreed, deciding to take the other teen at face value.

"Alright well, do we continue on then?" Spizzo asked.

If this turned around and bit him on the ass, Jacob guessed he only had himself to blame.

"Yeah, why not. Ask me."