Chapter 18 - Drew

"I'm not answering that," Jacob said firmly, shaking his head. This was not something Jacob was going to talk about, truth be damned. The last thing he needed was the story getting out and the more information he gave, the more ammunition Spizzo had to use against him. Sure, they'd began to make up over the last four hours (or maybe more, he wasn't sure what the time was anymore), but that didn't erase what he'd experienced over the last four years.

"Oh c'mon," Spizzo groaned, taking another sip of his drink out of frustration. He was starting to get sick of the other teen throwing up roadblocks in their fun. "You have to."

"Why do I have to?" countered Jacob, shaking his head at Spizzo's nonsense.

Not happy with the response, the other teen chose to go with a different tactic. "I know it mustn't've even been good if he didn't kiss you."

"He didn't need to kiss me for it to be good."

"So it was good then," Spizzo grinned, happy that the set-up worked. Now they were getting somewhere. Maybe they could actually enjoy having random chats about random things, but his ex-best friend was too uptight for that.

"Oh my god, James, just shut up" now groaned Jacob, irritated by the turn of events. Just when things were going well between them, Spizzo always seemed to revert back to square one. "Why are you so obsessed about knowing about me and Mr Teagan anyway?"

"I don't know, it's just something different," Spizzo put simply because it was simply just that. Was he going to be crucified over being curious? "It's not what I normally hear about, it's not like any of my friends are gay or have hooked up with a teacher. Is it normal for you guys to fuck someone and not kiss them?"

Jacob knew that by 'you guys', Spizzo had meant gay people. That didn't make his mood about this situation any better. "I shouldn't be talking about this with you, or anyone. It's not even Drew's fault and—"

"Oh, so he's 'Drew' now huh?" the other teen teased, picking up on the use of not only the teacher's first name, but a nickname no less, as he remembered seeing 'Mr Andrew Teagan' on his class schedule at the start of the year. This was juicier than his favourite burger down at the pub (or Teresa Dellvecchio). "Are you still hooking up with him?"

"No," Jacob stated firmly. He needed this to end here, and if Spizzo knew any better, he'd stop now. The story was filled with grey areas and details that Jacob wasn't even sure about himself. It wasn't as if he could speak to Dre—Mr Teagan about it and hash those details out.

He and Mr Teagan had more-or-less stopped talking a month or so before he began teaching at the school after Jacob began to ghost him. Mr Teagan seemed to want to take the relationship more seriously. Although it wasn't the best way to handle the situation, Jacob had gotten himself caught up in a very dangerous lie. It had to be done. He'd hoped Mr Teagan would understand, even if he couldn't explain—though he didn't really have to once Mr Teagan saw him at his locker wearing a school uniform. The cat was out of the bag and it was clear on Mr Teagan's face that he understood perfectly.

They'd kept their distance after that.

How people were linking them together despite the fact they kept as far away as they possibly could was a surprise to Jacob though. Apparently his reputation as a teacher-fucker was that strong. If anything, it just showed that karma was coming around to bite him in the ass.

Man, Spizzo had done some pretty terrible things in their short existence, but so had Jacob. He really had no place sitting on his high horse, not that he'd ever say that to his ex-best friend.

"Alrighty well..." Spizzo chimed in when the other teen gave him nothing more than a firm 'no'. His tone and the prolonged silence after told the teen that he wasn't getting any more of the story no matter how much he pushed. Shame. "That's the end of that then?"

All Jacob did was nod.