Chapter 17 - Lightning Round

"Oh thank god," was all Jacob could say as he looked at his mobile and saw Grant's name shining back at him. A sense of relief washed over him as he read the text, Grant obviously joining in on the joke.

Of course I like you.
We'll get married in the spring.
You'll make a beautiful bride.

He felt a bit silly honestly, his brain jumping to conclusions that weren't even close to logical. A conclusion that he was both terrified by and desperate for. A conclusion he knew would burn down in flames on the infinitesimal chance it was even a possibility. But luckily there wasn't anything close to a possibility.

He and Spizzo hadn't talked for over four years anyway, how would he have gotten his number?

"What did you get?" Spizzo asked as he looked at the rollercoaster of emotions that had played out on the other teen's face.

Jacob snapped back to reality once Spizzo spoke, not realising he'd tuned out when having his private freakout. "Oh uh yeah, Grant's a queer too, as you'd say," he replied, trying to make a joke of it. The thought of Spizzo texting him for the dare had him shaken however, so the joke fell as flat as his tone.

"Oh uh ok...cool," was all Spizzo could think to say, beginning to wonder if his ex-best friend needed to tell him about some mental health condition that made him act all weirdly. Four years was enough time for some strange shit to come out.

Jacob, wanting to shake off the weird feeling he had, asked, "who'd you text?"

"Teresa, who else?" Spizzo replied simply. It was pretty obvious from their conversation. And if Spizzo were being honest, he was desperate to go all the way this time.

"Oh yeah, of course," Jacob laughed awkwardly.

The truths and dares seemed to speed up from there as Jacob tried to move on as quickly as possible. They were simple, quickfire, picking up a rhythm to avoid any drawn out silences.

"How do you even know you're gay?" Spizzo asked a couple truth or dares in after Jacob chose truth. He now slouched on his side as he sat in his seat, legs hoisted over the armrest and new bottle beer in his hand.

"Well, how do you know you're straight," Jacob countered, now catless. The tabby had decided that it had had enough pets for the evening, disappearing off into the night after giving Jacob a parting meow.

"Because chicks turn me on," was Spizzo's reply, in a tone that said that the answer should've been obvious.

Jacob snorted at the reply, saying back, "yeah, and dudes turn me on," in the same tone that Spizzo had used. Sometimes heteros were the worst.

"And not chicks?" Spizzo insisted but Jacob just turned it back around to him.

"And not dudes?"

Spizzo pondered it for a second, nodding his head as he thought. "Ok, I think I get what you mean..."

Jacob rolled his eyes, deciding to move on from this silly truth by daring Spizzo to lick his own elbow.

He could.

Jacob had forgotten how oddly flexible the other teen was. He knew he wasn't as flexible as Spizzo, knowing for sure after the other teen dared him to do the same, only for Jacob to fail spectacularly.

Though Spizzo had the unfair advantage of having an abnormally long tongue. Jacob had a nub in comparison. He dared Spizzo to lick up his own nostril in retaliation for his own failure.

"Have you ever watched porn?" Spizzo asked a few rounds later after Jacob made him chug a whole bottle of beer as part of his dare. He punctuated his question with a loud burp.

"What do you think?" Jacob said dryly. "I'm 17, of course I've watched porn."

He quickly moved onto the next round when Spizzo tried to extend the porn discussion. The last thing he wanted to hear was how much the other teen loved the tits on a certain porn star or have to explain why he watched a lot of uniform-themed videos. That was something Spizzo didn't need to know.

But he couldn't seem to get away from talking about sex with Spizzo. After picking truth a couple rounds later, Spizzo chose to ask, "What was Mr Teagan like in bed?"