Chapter 24: Isabella's P.O.V

Me and Jason stood awkwardly for a moment. He scratched the back of his neck and laughed uncomfortably. I walked over to the bed and sat in the middle, patting space next to me. Jason sat down and looked at me. I could feel his eyes flickering over my body.

I couldn't help but stare too. This boy in front of me, he was beautiful. His brown hair flopped over his eyes. He ran his hand through it, clearing it out of them. They were icy blue, cold, some might say empty. But to me, they were full of love, and hope.

My eyes fell on his lips. I bit my bottom lip seductively as I tried to hold back the temptation to kiss him. He leant closer to me and whispered in my ear. "Can I kiss you?" I nodded.

Our lips fell together, his arms wrapped around my body. My hands found their way into his hair, tugging on it, pulling him closer to me. He deepened the kiss but I rolled him over so I was straddling him. I broke the kiss and sat on his waist looking down at him. He was grinning and his eyes were shining, his face lit up.

I fell back down and kissed him, slow and gentle, teasing him. He flipped me over onto my back, laughing at my surprise. He started to lift my t-shirt off slightly unsure. I nodded and helped him with his. I pulled his shirt over his head and chucked it aside, only to see Daniel's face looking down on me.

I tried to scream but my mouth was clamped shut. I struggled a bit before pushing Jason- or Daniel- off of me and ran to the corner of the room. What just happened?

"Iz? Are you okay? If you want to stop-" Jason came closer to me. "Are we going to fast? We can slow down I mean we aren't even dating yet if you don't want to- not like I don't I'd really like to date you but if we are going to fast we probably shouldn't do this yet-"

I shook my head and held my hand up. He was talking to fast, I could barely understand him. I was hyperventilating, trying to catch my breath. Trying to get the image of Daniel out of mind.

"Iz, it's okay." Jason soothed after realising how fast he was talking.

"Daniel." I gasped, in just a whisper, barely loud enough to hear.

Jason looked at me, shocked. He wasn't expecting that. He wasn't expecting me to speak, let alone say 'Daniel'.

"God, how could I be so stupid?!" He muttered to himself. Jason picked up his shirt and put it back on. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I wasn't thinking."

I shook my head again. I shut my eyes and took slow, deep breaths. I pushed my self away from the wall and fell into Jason's arms. He froze for a moment before carefully putting his arms around me. He felt me tense because he let go slightly but when I relaxed, so did he.

"I'm sorry. That was so stupid of me." Jason kissed the top of my head. I laid my head on his chest and sighed. Jason made me feel so safe, like everything was okay. He made me feel like I could do anything. Like I could talk again. Like I could be touched without being scared. Like I could be normal again. He made me feel brave and secure. And happy.

"Hey Izzy, Dad and Felix are home, and they're mad. Dad wants to see you. He's in his office." Joseph poked his head round the door, interrupting our moment.

I broke off from Jason and nodded at Joseph. "And Jason, we seriously need to hang out, I'm missing my best friend." He grinned and Jason grinned back. I smiled at their silliness before leaving the room.

———
I knocked on the door to Dad's office and opened it. He was pacing around the room quickly, rubbing forehead with one hand. He looked mad. Like really, really, really mad. This wasn't good.

I sort of just stood in the doorway until he noticed me. When he did, he stopped pacing and his expression softened. I calmed down a bit, maybe he wasn't mad at me. He signalled for me to sit on the little sofa in front of him. I sat down quietly on the arm of the sofa and put my hands in my lap, not wanting to make eye contact with him.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Dad spoke quietly and touched my arm.

I tilted my head in confusion. He sighed. "Bella, Daniel... he told me what-"

I stood up and turned away from Dad at the sound of Daniel's name. I didn't want to talk about it. I thought I made that clear?

"Bella."

I turned back to him and put my hand up, shaking my head. "Hey, come on. I know you said you don't want to talk about it, but after what he said, maybe you should."

I stared at him for a while. Did he know? Oh god, what did he think of me? He started to come closer to me and went in for a hug. I ducked under his arms and ran out the room.

~~~

Thank you for reading! Comment and vote!
- K