Chapter 4: A Hard Fought Battle

(Your POV)

I don't know how well Nejire is in hand to hand combat, but I can't let my guard down so easily. I don't want to hit her too hard... I'm not sure if she is able to take the strength, but it's possible that I can try to use counter attacks so I won't have to hurt her too hard. As I rushed in, I followed up with several punches, with which it seems that she was able to dodge with ease at first, but then she followed up with a right hook that nearly caught me. I was a bit surprised by her speed, yet her moves were pretty easy to telegraph. "You are quick, but not quick enough!" I exclaimed as I kicked her in the stomach.

Nejire managed to block it, but it was noticeable that it hurt her and as soon as I caught wind of this, followed up with a punch. As I was getting closer, I felt my arm push upward missing her head entirely. She had activated her quirk off her left hand as she threw a right jab to my stomach, however, I wasn't expecting that she had activated her quirk on her punch sending me flying back. "Ha! You are a lot weaker than I imagined. I feel like you are holding back." She said teasing me, but she started breathing heavily.

"Tired already? Geez, we didn't even get to last so long!" I ran towards her to strike at her. "I guess she doesn't have the stamina for hand to hand combat. I think I can outlast her in fighting without having to hurt her at all." I thought to myself as I closed the distance. Nejire leaped to the side and began throwing punches at me. They were slower than before, but I did my best to block them as I countered with a left kick to her right leg which knocked her off balance making her fall on to her side. Once she fell to the floor I looked at her: "Is that all haha? Come on surely you can do better than that!" I was too busy teasing her not realizing that she suddenly raised her hand and blasted me head-on with a charged up wave blast that sent me flying up to the ceiling, slamming my head first then falling back down with a loud crash. "Owww..."

"You keep leaving your guard down too much... You are just to easy to catch when you are teasing others." Nejire said as she got up and readied her stance once more. "You know... that was exactly the hit I needed." As I stood up rubbing the back of my head, my eyes went from blue to green signaling I am now at 30%. I can tell that Nejire panicked as her eyes widen a bit. She didn't realize that her attack would end up powering up my quirk. "Now let's finish this!" As I charged towards Nejire with a large grin on my face. However, Nejire was breathing heavier than normal as she charged towards me with a loud yell: "I will win (Y/N)!" Before she got closer, she ended up collapsing to her knees. It was clear that she had exhausted her stamina. I walked up to her while she was struggling to get up. I felt bad for her that she wasn't able to last longer, but she put up a good fight. I sighed as I smiled and walked up towards her: "Hey... you did well haha. I think it's best if you-" She interrupted me as she threw a weak punch to my chest.

"No! I will... not... stop... I won't give... up... I... have... to win!" Exhausting every last bit of breath she had as she continued swinging punches at me. It didn't seem to stop her from giving it her all. I was left dumbfounded witnessing this immensely strong drive she has. Before I could do anything, she was already collapsing to the ground.
"I... can't... g-give... up... I can't... I will."

Those were last words before she passed out from exhaustion. I think it was safe to say that she was out for the count. I'm just amazed she held her own for so long. She really is amazing! Before I could do anything else, I heard my earpiece go off: *BZZZT*" (L/N)! Get over here! Togata is here and I could use some help!" *BZZZT*

"Crap! I'm on my way!" As I left and made my way to Luffy, I couldn't stop thinking of Nejire's fighting spirit because I found someone who was willing to fight against all odds to the very end. She really taught me that she was a force to be reckoned with. As I made my way to the 4th floor, I saw Mirio and Luffy battling it out against each other. Both of them looked pretty beaten up as if they were going at it for hours. Suddenly Luffy cracked his arms back yelling: "Gomu Gomu no... Bazooka!" Throwing an open palm strike to Mirio as his limbs stretched out covering an insane distance. Mirio manages to phase through it just in time as he made his way to Luffy. Luffy brought his arms back and charged towards Mirio as they both got into an all-out brawl. "Luffy I am here to help!" I called out as I ran towards them as I joined the fight.