Chapter 13: Mirio vs Akihotto!

A/N: Slowly coming back from my Hiatus! I'm sorry I left you all in the dark like that but I'm doing all I can to coordinate my real world life and my story writing life lol. Also thank you all for getting me to 100+ followers
It's a true blessing 🙏🏽❤️
I love you all and let's get to it!

Art by: Drawligator
Www.deviantart.com/drawligator
_______________________________

After my fight, I decided to pay a visit to Recovery Girl who was a bit delighted to see me. "Here to rest up once more, (L/N)?" She asked as she was already walking towards the bed to heal me up. However, after that fight I didn't feel so exhausted. In fact, I don't feel like passing out at all which was odd, but then again I did only go up to 20% of my power so it wouldn't take a toll on me as much. I do still feel a bit of the burn from Nenshō's punches. "Actually Ms. Recovery Girl, I'm not at all strained out. At least not like before since I only aimed to stay at 20% rather than exceeding the limit." This shocked her a bit as she let out a small smile.
"Well that's good news to hear, but don't forget what I said before. I still wish you the best though, (L/N)." As she walked back to her desk to grab a jar that was resting on the edge of it. "Here. Have a lollipop, and if you like take some for your friends as well." As she handed me four lollipops, all strawberry flavored.
I was definitely excited to have one that I kinda jumped like a joyful kid at a candy store. "Thank you Ms. Recovery Girl! I must go now, my friend Mirio is about to fight now. See ya later!" As I rushed off and made my way through the building to meet up with Nejire and Tamaki at the stands where they were sitting.

"Today has been very hectic and overwhelming with these last few matches, but it's not over yet, Folks! We still have many incredible fights to go! Up next is another Class 1A vs 1B match up! In the blue corner, he is the optimistic golden boy of class 1B. He wears a great smile and was known as the Naked boy from the viral video between him and the Punching Bag kid. Give it up for the student who can phase through anything, Mirio Togata!" The crowd kept screaming with joy as they cheered their hearts out.
"Let's go Mirio!"
"Give it everything you got Togata!"
"Show them whatcha made of!" As Tamaki, Nejire, and I cheered on our good pal Mirio to hype him up in his fight today. However, his opponent was one who would prove to be a real threat.
"...And in the red corner! A feisty girl of flames with an attitude to match it. Coming in on recommendations, this red head aims to woo the crowd with her skills and her quirk! Give it up for Class 1A's Akihotto Homura!!" Once Present Mic introduced her, the crowd was cheering as loud as ever and some of her classmates were cheering the loudest. If I recall correctly, her quirk was fire based but not like your typical fire quirk user. The atmosphere was suddenly growing heavier and an unsettling feeling was stirring up in my stomach.

(Mirio POV)

"I can't believe I actually made it all the way here. My friends and I really did all we could to make it here so I have to give it everything I got. This is going to be really tough... knowing that I have to only relay on myself to win this. Well that won't be an issue because I will win this!" I thought to myself as I cracked my knuckles before turning my attention to the stands where my friends were. Seeing them cheer me on was relieving because I know they are supporting me in every way possible.
"Don't worry guys! I got this!" Giving them a thumbs up as I got in my fighting stance.
"You Class 1B morons really are just wasting your time. Especially being friends with that (L/N) moron." Spoke out Akihotto with anger as a nerve was present on her forehead before walking towards me. I was a bit confused as to why she was calling out (Y/N) like that because I don't recall her and (Y/N) ever knowing each other.
"What's your deal with my friend (Y/N)? Do you guys know each other or something?" Before she could respond, Present Mic came out yelling through the speakers. "BEGIN!!" Suddenly on que, Akihotto ignited her arms into flames as she charged straight for me. All I have I have to do is phase carefully and I can land my hits on her with ease. As she started closing in I charged towards her ready to throw a punch. Once we were in striking distance, I focused on phasing my head as I saw her arms wind up, I prepared to launch my punch, but...