Chapter 9: Heads Up!

A/N: Giving credit to the artist
First and third drawings done by https://www.deviantart.com/drawberry33

And second one done by https://www.deviantart.com/drawligator

Now let's get back into the story!
______________________________

(Izuku's POV)

I was sitting down getting ready to watch the UA Sports Festival. I was pretty excited to see (Y/N) compete in this event since he was so excited for it. He's been training really hard for it and I know he won't back down. As the announcer called out all the classes, I put my focus on class 1-B.

"Mom look its (Y/N)!" I yelled out pointing at the (H/C) guy walking next to a girl with light blue hair.

"Oh my goodness! I can't wait to see him compete! I know he is going to do his best!" Inko said with delight as she was glancing from the kitchen at the Tv looking at (Y/N) walking in with a big smile on his face.

As the umpire, Pro Hero Midnight, announced that two students will be giving an introductory speech, and it was going to be a guy name Mirio Togata and... (Y/N) (L/N)?!?! No way! That was amazing! Hearing the excitement in his voice as he gave the speech put a smile on my face. My mother and I couldn't help but shed a tear just seeing (Y/N) smiling. Once the first event was decided, I had to look at my notes for a moment.

"(Y/N)'s quirk is more offensive, combat oriented, and risky against long drawn out battles. Hmmm I wonder how he is going to get himself powered up." I thought to myself as I started writing notes to predict the outcome or choices (Y/N) might need to do in order to achieve victory.

"Begin!!" Yelled the Umpire.

"Izuku look! The race just started." My mother pointed out catching my attention.

I looked up and saw the entire crowd of first years barging in as they started pushing and shoving each other to get through.

I kept zooming around the screen looking for (Y/N) but he was no where to be found. That was until...

"Oh my! (Y/N) (L/N) has been left in the dust! Everyone is far ahead of him already and he is in dead last! Can he make a comeback?!" The Announcer spook out loud as I saw a trampled and dirt covered (Y/N) walking out from the doorway.

"Holy crap... what did they do to him?" I thought to myself looking at how beaten up he was. Without a moments notice I saw him power up and spring into action. I kept cheering him on hoping he will win this. "Come on (Y/N)! You can do it!"

 "Come on (Y/N)! You can do it!"