Chapter 24: Unsettling Tides

A/N: HOLY COW WE MADE IT TO 100K Reads!! This is epic! I'm so glad everyone is loving the series because it's going to keep getting better from here on out!

However, we are nearing the end of this Vol.1 so I just wanna Thank You all for the support And happiness you brought here to the Table.  I am truly grateful for everything! I hope I can keep making you all happy and keep peaking your interest in the stories!🙏🏽❤️

________________________________

(Mirio's POV)

"HERE WE ARE FOLKS! We are now at the semi Finals! For the first Match is the bracket is the fast and agile moving quickster, Akari Hamasaki! Class 1-A's fierce contender who is quick on her feet, so don't blink or you might miss it! However, we can't forget about Class 1-A's other contenedor for this semi-final! Give it up for the Cherry Blossom Dragon herself, Yuki Sakuya!" As Present Mic announced the opening of the next match, the crowd continued to roar in excitement. I was still in the stands with Nejire and Tamaki. It was now just 4 class 1-A members left on the bracket for the semi-finals. We were unfortunately unprepared for the intense match ups we had to deal with. Tamaki was close, but did the right thing to not let Akihotto go too far with her quirk. At the end of the day, we gave it our all and we did all we could to make it this far.

Now that I thought of it, I think I should go check up on (Y/N). I wonder if he is still asleep at the moment.
"Hey guys, I'm going to go check on (Y/N)."
Nejire and Tamaki look at me as Nejire stood up.
"I'm coming with you."
I nodded my head and looked at Tamaki who stood up as well.
"Alright guys lets go check up on (Y/N)."

As we made our way to Recovery Girl's office. I couldn't help but still feel awful about (Y/N). He went through one heck of a fight. I haven't seen him push himself so far ever since that 2 on 2 match we had back then. The moment we opened the door, to our surprise... he was gone.
"Looking for (Y/N)?" Said Recovery Girl as she saw up open the door.
"Where is he, Recovery Girl?" I asked a bit, confused and also worried.
"After he woke up, he had to head home with his mother. He had a family emergency to attend to."
I was more worried than ever, the first thing that came to mind was getting a hold of him. I took out our my phone and started calling him.
"Are you calling (Y/N)?" Said Tamaki, who was also feeling nervous. At this point, I was starting to think of what was going on. The call went to voicemail after 20 seconds. I told Nejire to call him to see if he would answer, but no response. At this point, there was only one option left... and that's to head to (Y/N)'s house.

•••••••

After a bit of running, we arrived at (Y/N)'s place, I don't know why but I felt a growing tension on my shoulders. It was as if something was off and the more I got closer to his door, the worse it became.
"Togata... are you feeling ok?" Nejire said with a concerned look on her face.
"I just... feel like something is wrong."
"Well... there's only one way to find out." As Tamaki knocked on the door. Once more he took the initiative to knock and here I was... just worried.

It was a few minutes of waiting until the door opened, and standing by the door was (Y/N)'s mother.
"Oh! Togata, Hado, and Amajiki? What are you three doing here?" His mother asked with a curious look on her face.
"Hi Mrs. (L/N) we came by because we heard (Y/N) was feeling better but had to come home. Is everything alright?"
Before his mom could say anything, (Y/N) appeared from behind her.
"Mom whose at the- Mirio?! Nejire?! Tamaki?! What are you guys doing here?!"
I think Nejire has the same idea I had, because the moment he appeared, Nejire leaped towards him screaming with excitement: "(Y/N)!!!" Her quirk kicked off her feet as she launched herself towards him.
A suddenly loud grunting sound came out of (Y/N) as Nejire was hugging him tightly.
"I'm so glad you're ok! I was so worried about you! We were so worried about you!"
I couldn't help by let out a sigh of relief before chuckling at this scene.
"We came here because we heard you finally woke up, but had to head home due to an emergency. We were really worried about you, (Y/N). Especially Nejire it seems." Nejire was still hugging him and it look like she kept tightening the hug to the point it look like (Y/N) might pass out. which made me laugh a bit more.
"Well if you want, you all can come in and make yourselves at home." Said (Y/N)'s mother. "I believe you four have a lot to talk about."