Chapter 21: A Glimmer of Hope!

(3rd POV)

Aizawa was on his way to the Recovery Room, thinking to himself about what he needed to talk to (Y/N) about. It seemed like something urgent that he could have discovered during the fight between (Y/N) and Settei. However, the moment he approached the recovery room, he was greeted to a surprised Recovery Girl as she was both relieved and amazed about something.
"Oh Aizawa! Just the person I needed to see."
"Ms. Shuzenji... what is it? Is (Y/N) ok?"
Recovery Girl nodded and waved Aizawa to come towards the resting bed to see (Y/N). The moment he approached the bed, his eyes started widening up in shock.

"It seems that something happened during the fight that is causing this sudden change in (Y/N)'s quirk. This is something I never expected whatsoever."
Aizawa turned his head to Recovery Girl as she spoke before turning back to (Y/N).
"His arm... it's... glowing. What happened?"
Recovery Girl sat in her chair and began talking.
"Once I started the Recovery process, his eyes started to glow orange for a moment, and suddenly an orange aura began forming around his body. Just before you came, the glowing energy faded and then concentrated onto his broken arm. I'm not sure why this is happening, but in all the times I've taken care of (Y/N), this is the first time I see his quirk active the moment I used my quirk on him. Do you have any idea what might have caused this, Aizawa?"

Aizawa was just as confused and concerned as Shuzenji. This was his first time witnessing this as well, and now he was left with more questions, than he could have any answers for. The only thing he knew was that the orange color of the aura meant he was at 50% of his boosted strength. However, he is unconscious yet somehow is activating his quirk. Maybe his body is subconsciously forcing the energy out of his system? He won't be awake for awhile so Aizawa looked at Recovery Girl for a moment.
"Shuzenji... there's something I need to tell (Y/N). Would you be able to rely the message?"
Recovery Girl looked up at him as she responded. "What is it, Aizawa?"

•••

Meanwhile Mirio, Nejire, and Tamaki were heading to Recovery Girl's office to check up on (Y/N). They were collectively concerned about their friend's condition after such an intense battle. Mirio still maintained a smile on his face as he tried to lighten the mood.
"Regardless of the results, I'm proud of (Y/N) for putting up a great fight! He put his heart and soul through that intense match to not give up so easily. Definitely makes me wonder how far we are from him in terms of skills."
Nejire smiled as she skipped into the front of the Mirio and Tamaki as she smiled while shooting a thumbs up.
"That just means we need to keep training harder to surpass him. He already has the makings of a great hero, so we can't fall behind from him at all. Got that?"
Tamaki and Mirko nodded as the trio continued their way to the office.

The moment they reached the door, Aizawa came out of the room as he noticed the three right by him.
"Oh! Aizawa-Sensei! How's (Y/N) doing?" Asked Nejire with pure curiosity and concern.
"He will be just fine. He is still resting at the moment so I'm not sure when he may wake up, but I doubt it will be anytime soon. If you still want to check up on him you can do so. If you need me, I need to go back to the commentator stand with Present Mic." That was when Aizawa turned to Tamaki as he continued to speak.
"You should get ready for your next fight, Amajiki. Homura is one tough opponent as she is quick and fierce. Her fire ability is going to be hard to deal with from close range... so I recommend you figure out a plan to get around it. Otherwise, you will be defeated... and I know (Y/N) wouldn't want you to lose." With that said, Aizawa continued walking away from the trio.

Mirio and Nejire looked at Tamaki, whose eyes were left a bit widened after hearing what Aizawa said.
"We are here to cheer you on as well, Tamaki. We are here for you." As Mirio smiled, patting Tamaki's back, giving him reassurance.
"There won't be any reason for you to back down. You did amazing against Dansaki so I know you can beat Homura. Mirio, (Y/N), and I believe in you as well." With her cheerful smile shining brightly off Nejire's face.
Tamaki was a bit quiet. He didn't say or react at the moment, but he looked at the two of them and said.
"I will win this... for us. For (Y/N)." As he looked down for a moment and started shaking a bit.
"I'm still very scared and nervous, but I'm just glad that I have friends like you two and (Y/N). I appreciate it."