Chapter 5: Origins

Art by Mico
https://www.facebook.com/miconomicon/

_______________________________

......

*BEEP*

......

*BEEP*

"...Is he going to make it doctor?"

*BEEP*

"...We need to get him on the oxygen tank fast!..."

*BEEP*

"...We are losing him!"

*BEEP*

"...please! ...save my son!..."

Suddenly I woke up letting out a panic yell: "I'll save you!" Breathing heavily and covered in sweat from my sleep. Once I was up, I saw Recovery girl next to me as she was holding my arm that was in a cast. "You're finally awake. You were having a nightmare, (L/N)." Gently letting go of my arm as I tried calming myself down. Moments later I heard the door swing open as Mirio, Nejire, and Tamaki walk in with food. "Oh hey (Y/N)! You are finally awake! We came to-" Mirio suddenly stopped himself as he noticed I was breathing heavily and sweating a bit profusely. "Whoa, are you ok?"
"He was having a nightmare not too long ago, but I think he will be feeling better in a few." As Recovery Girl walked desk to finish up some paperwork.

Nejire walked towards me and patted my head: "I'm just glad you are ok now. We brought you some food!" As she handed me a bento that had rice, sushi, and some cooked vegetables inside. "Oh. Thank you!" As I opened it up and began eating. As Mirio and Tamaki sat on the chairs near me, Nejire sat with me on the hospital bed as we started talking about the recent match we all had. Mirio and I continued to mock each other while Tamaki was telling us about his battle and how he lost due to him being scared since he knew everyone was watching him. We did our best to cheer him up as Nejire was bragging about how well she did fighting against me and managed to last so long.

"I have to admit, she really did fight well against me in hand to hand combat, Mirio. We gotta to be careful with her now since she seems capable of kicking our butts." Chuckling as I kept eating. Nejire nodded happily with her mouthful as she flexed her arms to say that she is really strong which prompted us to start laughing and even Tamaki let out a small chuckle. It was nice to see my friends here with me as we continued spending time together. "Hey Mrs. Recovery Girl I was wondering if I am good to move again?"
"Yes (L/N), you are good to go, but don't forget what I told you!" As she gave me a small grin and a wink. "I won't and that's a promise." As I smiled back at her. I got up and got dressed to follow the group out the door. As we left Recovery Girl's office, I couldn't help but think about that nightmare I had. It wasn't the first time I had that nightmare either. Ever since that incident several years back... it kept haunting me for the rest of my life.

June 27, 2007
California, USA
5:37 PM (17:37 PM)

I was just 7 years old during that time as my parents and I were walking from the park making our way back home. We always went to the park on the weekends since I was born. I was quirkless, which was rare since both my parents have quirks, yet their son didn't have one. It was one of those cases where either the child would have their own quirk mutations or simply have no quirk at all. You could guess what minority I was part off.