Chapter 7: Master vs Student

A/N: The art used here was done by my good friend Gerizzly ! Lol thank you broski.

_______________________________

After my reunion with the Midoriya family, it was back to my usual routine and that was training with Uncle Aizawa. Since the UA Sport festival was about a month away, He wants to help me get stronger before taking part in it. After all, Principal Nezu did appoint Mirio and I to be Class 1-B's representatives to give the opening speech . Last time I remembered watching the UA sports festival was a few years back as it took place in a stadium that was located in UA and it was packed full of heroes and civilians who wanted to watch the events and recruit students into their agencies. Fortunately, Mirio and I have a good head start on requests after our video "Naked Boy vs Punching Bag Kid go at it!" went viral on YouTube, but I hate the fact that they called me the Punching Bag Kid. Couldn't they come up with a cooler name like "Comeback Kid" or "Super Saiyan Hero" instead?

Anyways, Uncle and I spent the 1st week training with cardio and endurance to help me withstand any injury that comes my way as well as prevent gassing out early in the competition. Running 5 miles every day followed by 30 minutes of jump roping. After that it was ab workouts that consisted of 100 crunches, 100 sit ups, 100 Russian twist, and 10 minutes in between of my Uncle punching and kicking my abs to build up better tolerance in my damage intake. Normally this is considered suicide but since my quirk powers me up when I'm in pain, he tends to bump up the exercise regiment to keep increasing my overall workout plan when I'm powered up. The 2nd week was strengthening and muscle building exercises that who help push my body past its limits. This week in particular was one of the most grueling weeks I had to deal with. 100 push-ups with Aizawa sitting on my back, 100 bicep curls on each side with 50 lbs dumbbells, 100 tricep extensions with 60 lbs, my least favorite 100 pull-ups with raised leg circles after every 10 pull up, and last but not least squats with 75 lbs on each side. How am I not dead yet? Honestly... I am curious myself how I am still walking, but I think it was thanks to my Mom's cooking that made this all worthwhile as she made me some well balanced meals such as oatmeal and fruit smoothies in the morning, chicken/fish with quinoa rice for lunch, and protein shakes for dinner or after my workouts.

"Progressive overload." The term my Uncle used throughout the time of training me that basically defined my progress up until now. He never held back with me when it came to training because... well as he would put it: "You can't be a hero with just one trick." At first it took a while to understand what he meant by that, but it turns out that I can't rely on my quirk when I fight, so I have to train to be able to have multiple tricks under my sleeve which is what led to the 3rd week as it approached, it was time for hand-to-hand combat training.

"Get up (Y/N) it's time to start training." Aizawa said as he opened the door to my room.
"Do we have to noooow?" I replied with a rusted voice as I groaned. It was 8 in the morning as I was slowly waking up to Uncle barging into my room.
"The UA Sports festival is a week away, and we still need to get you up to speed with hand-to-hand combat." Aizawa responded as he remained standing at my door.
I sat up and stretched, letting out a loud yawn. "Uncle I'm fine, I can kick anyone's ass in that school." Letting out a small chuckle, I got up from bed and made my way towards the bathroom walking past Aizawa.
"Is that so, (Y/N)" He said with a smirk on his face as I walked passed him. "If you feel you're ready, why don't you fight me then?"
I stood frozen immediately. I was already getting chills down my spine after what he said. "F-fight you Uncle?" Stuttering in my response to Aizawa's question.
"Of course, you said you can kick anyone's ass so let's make it easy and have you go up against me. Unless you are all talk and no action." He said as he walked up behind me.