Chapter 18: Hunt The Truth!

It was inevitable that I would have to face Settei again in a rematch, and maybe this could be my chance to learn more. Well... that's if Settei is willing to speak to me. I'm still amazed that they even allowed us a second chance out there in the ring. The more I can learn about this... the better. After all, there's more to a story than just hearing it from a one-sided perspective. I don't have any doubt that my father is innocent, but there's always another side to each story. All I need to do is learn more about the situation. At least from Settei's perspective, I can learn about who told him about it and what they may have told him. For now, I'll have to find him at hear his side of the story. It's a crazy and ridiculous idea... since Mirio, Tamaki, and Nejire were repeating that just a moment ago, but I have to do this. If anything is going to get done, it will have to be between Settei and I. All I hope for is that he is willing to cooperate somehow.

After the stoppage of the fight, I am sure that Settei was rushed to Recovery Girl since he was knocked out by Midnight's quirk. As I was walking to Recovery Girl's office, I felt my stomach tied up in knots and my heart beating rapidly. Compared to when I first met Settei, I didn't have this painful burden looming over me. I know that if I want to ever get rid of this horrid feeling, I would need to face my demons.

The demons that have been lurking  within me since I was 7.

I opened the door to Recovery Girl's office and that's when my heart stopped. The moment the door was opened, Settei was right there in front of me. Standing there with a sudden shocked look on his face as well. There was a distinct pause of silence as he was glaring at me with a sudden rage of flames burning in his eyes. If we weren't in school... those eyes would be of someone waiting on revenge to kill. I felt my mouth open, but not a single word was coming out. I felt my voice being halted on the spot and it was killing me. Settei just walked past me as he shoved his shoulder into mine to push me out of his way. He started walking away and I knew my time was running out.

"I need to say something!..."

"Say something, (Y/N)!"

"Please! SAY SOMETHING!"

"Settei! I'm sorry!"
That's when I finally spoke. The words echoed down the hallway before finally catching up to Settei as he stopped walking as he turned around to face me. However, the look on his face only enraged even further.

"Sorry? Sorry?! You think apologizing to me will bring my father back?!" Settei was walking to me with his fist clinched up tightly. I can feel it. I can feel the rage... the anger... and most of all... the burden that was held for such a long time.

"No. Neither will it bring my father back, but I need to talk to you about this Settei. I need to know why-" I felt Settei grab my shirt like a school bully, ready to beat up his next victim.

"Why what?! Why your Father was a criminal in disguise?! Why my Father was on the hunt for him?! Well let me ask you a question, (Y/N)! Why are you here at UA?!" Settei was infuriated. I could feel his grip on my shirt tighten even harder as his other hand was still clinched in a fist. Even the vein on his hand was ready to burst at any second.

"I came to UA to be a hero, Settei."
That's when I felt his fist collide with my cheek, sending me to the floor.
"You are a disgrace to society! As if they would allow a murderer like you to call himself a hero!"
I got myself back up and I was just as mad as he was. This was the moment I needed to clear things up with him and maybe I can learn more from his side of the story.
"Settei. I need to know what you know. I need what your side of the story is. How and why you were sent to find me? Can you at least answer that?!"