Seven

Third Person POV

The rest of the day was awkward, to say the least. Jungkook didn’t know what to say to Hoseok, as they were left alone.

They had sat in silence, unsure of what to say to each other, until Hoseok finally sighed. “Do you want to go for a run, Jungkook?”

“S-sure!” Jungkook said, a little too enthusiastically, blushing slightly. They made it outside and Jungkook stripped as fast as he could and shifted just as fast as well. Hoseok chuckled slightly at how shy the boy was.

He changed at a more moderate pace, and then shifted, his wolf towering over the omega.

Kookie was ecstatic, walking over and booping her nose against Hope’s (Hoseok’s wolf).

You are female?

Yeah

Kookie yipped, turned and then ran for the trees, Hope following close behind. Jungkook was laughing a little, glad to be out in the forest again and just running around.

For Hoseok, this was the first time in a long while since he’d been able to run around and enjoy the forest. It felt amazing to him.

He could stretch his legs, feel the breeze against his fur...and he was running with his mate, as well.

His beautiful little mate who he thought he’d never meet. A beautiful boy with a big heart and big brown eyes that burst with shyness and curiosity. A smile that shone brighter than the moon.

Hoseok was mentally thanking the moon goddess for blessing him with such a beautiful mate.

He was glad Jungkook had stumbled into the cell. Even though the wolf had an immense disliking for other wolves, he couldn’t help but adore the small wolf running in front of him, laughing and enjoying just running and being beside him.

Finally, they stopped running and rested on a rock before a cliff. Hoseok layed down, and Jungkook leaned against the large beast. They relaxed in comfortable silence.

However, the silence only lasted a moment.

Jungkook!

A voice screamed out through the mind link. Jungkook sat straight up, and Hoseok lifted his head questioningly, as he hadn’t attuned himself to the pack’s mind link yet.

Hyung?

Jungkook where the fuck are you!?

I’m with Hoseokie right now, we went for a run. Is something wrong?

You need to come to the pack right now! Something happened.

Jungkook sat slight up and turned to Hoseok, a building panic in his chest.

W-what happened Hyung!?

Blue Lily! They declared war. It’s not safe for you—

A growl interrupted the link. Jungkook whined, his ears flattening on his head as he backed away from the two alphas that suddenly appeared. Hoseok got to his feet, narrowing his eyes and growling in warning.

That omega is ours

The alpha growled.

Back. Off.

Hoseok responded threateningly. The other two wolves didn’t say anything, merely launched themselves forward at the true blood. Jungkook whined again, the only thing he could do was watch.

He hated to admit it, but he’d never been an omega who could fight. He’d never been interested in training with the rest of the pack. He was too soft for that.

He wasn’t weak by any means, he was just simply too soft to hurt anything. He had no interest in anything like that.

However, now he wished that he did know how to fight a bit more, as the alphas attacked his mate.

J-Jin Hyung!

Jungkook cried out.

Jungkook! What happened!?

A-alphas...they’re attacking Hoseokie! I don’t know what to do! Help—

Jungkook screamed as an alpha suddenly detached himself from Hoseok and lunged at him. Hoseok growled and bit for the alpha, but it was too late.

It all happened too fast for anyone to stop it.

Not Jin, who was racing through the trees, screaming through the link at Jungkook to respond to him.

Nor Hoseok, who tried to drag the alpha back and away from his mate.

The alpha managed to latch onto the omega, who stumbled back, in shock.

A large bite mark now present on his neck, which could be fatal if not treated immediately.

But the worst part…

Was the cliff.

Right behind the omega.

Who no longer had the strength to stop himself…

From falling right over.