Thirteen

Hoseok stood at the doors to the office, his shoulders squared, preparing for the worst. Jungkook kept giving his mate nervous glances, biting his lower lip. The omega was aware how protective his father was over him, but the alpha had expressed a liking towards Hoseok.

Jungkook hoped that nothing had changed.

Hoseok knocked on the door and a gruff ‘come in’ sounded from the other side. The pair entered together, Hoseok lightly resting a hand on Jungkook’s back and pushing him forward. He had the omega sit in the single chair across from Alpha Jeon’s desk, while the true blood stood beside him.

“Alpha Jeon.” Hoseok said, bowing slightly in a sign of respect.

“Hoseok.” Alpha Jeon eyed the true blood, his eyes roaming over his physique. “I heard that you aided my son through his first heat and marked him.”

“I did.”

“You did not ask for my permission, nor did Jungkook say that you could to my knowledge.”

“Father—“ Jungkook shut up with the look his father gave him.

“I admit that I did not obtain your permission, and I am sorry for that. Yes, I helped Jungkook through his heat, but I was not going to bite him if he did not want me to.”

“You asked him, son?”

“I-I did. He’s my mate, father, I love him.”

“You know what comes with mating my son, do you not, Hoseok?”

“I do.” Alpha Jeon stood. “But I do not plan on challenging you, anytime soon, Alpha Jeon.” The Alpha paused, shocked by the true blood’s words.

“You do not?”

“No. I didn’t mate Jungkook to become head alpha, I mated him because he is my mate and I love him. I do not expect you to give up your position nor will I challenge you for it until you are ready to step down.”

“You are loyal to me?”

“No.”

There was silence.

“I am loyal to Jungkook, and my mate alone. I owe the rest of you nothing, but as he loves all of you, and you are his family, I would never do anything to harm you. And I will protect all of you if I must. However, my omega comes first. If I had to choose between you and Jungkook, I would not choose you, head alpha or not.”

Jeon nodded, glancing at his son. “You have a good mate, son. I approve.” An adorable smile adorned the young omega’s lips and he giggled.

“Thank you, father!”

“You can go now.”

“Come on, Seokie!”

“I’d like to speak with Hoseok alone, if you don’t mind. Just for a bit.” The alpha interrupted. “Why don’t you go find Jin or Yoongi?” Jungkook paused, glancing between his father and his mate. But he eventually nodded and headed out of the room.

Hoseok turned to Jeon and when the male gestured for him to sit, he did.

“Even if you aren’t planning on taking my position until I step down, you will still need to become a member of my pack. I cannot allow someone of another pack nor a rogue to stay here.”

“Yes, sir.”

“Tonight at dinner, we will bring this up with the pack. I am sure they will accept you, but if they do not, what do you plan on doing?”

“I would challenge anyone who doesn’t believe that I should be with Jungkook. Challenge them if they’re a jealous suitor with my claws, or challenge their decision with gaining their trust if their doubts lie elsewhere.”

“You are an incredible wolf, Hoseok. I was worried for my son, as there are many who simply wish to use him for the fact that they can take over Red Lotus.”

“I had not a clue who he was when we first met. He was simply an angel I saw after being trapped in a cell my whole life. He saved me, and I will be forever grateful.”

“You let him bite you.” Hoseok’s eyes widened in surprise.

“Did someone else tell you?”

“No, I can tell. Plus, I can see the mark a little. But even if I couldn’t, I can tell you did. You’re humble, something that a lot of alphas, true blood’s especially, do not have. You will make a great leader someday, Hoseok.”

“Thank you, sir.”

“Well, I think you have a mate to go and attend to. Tonight we’ll bring it to the pack’s attention that we may have a new member. And if all goes well, we’ll initiate you into our link and then have you start training with the pack warriors.”

“Thank you again, sir.”

“Go.”

Hoseok bowed once more before leaving the office. A small smile played on his lips. He felt happy now, and he didn’t want this feeling to ever go away.