Twenty Five

“Jungkookie…”

“Don’t come in here!” The omega shouted through the closed door. Jimin sighed, letting his head fall against the door.

“Jungkookie...you’ve been in there for an hour...please let me come and help you.”

“No!” Jimin felt his heart break a little at the pure anguish in the omega’s tone. The beta flinched when he heard another retching sound.

Jimin was about to just barge in there, wanting to just help the male, wanting to comfort him at least, but a knock on the door turned his attention away.

He sighed and walked to the door, opening it. “Seng…”

“Hey.” Seng stood there, holding a bag in his hand. “Jungkookie still sick?”

“He’s locked himself in the bathroom and won’t come out.” Jimin said, sighing. Seng nodded, walking inside and setting the bag onto the kitchen counter, pulling out some containers of soup and then something else.

“I thought back on everything you said...and I stopped at the drug store earlier…”

“What do you mean?”

“Can you give this to Jungkook?” Seng held out a small box. “I think this will answer a lot of your questions.”

“A...What is this?”

“It’s a pregnancy test, Jimin.”

“They have these?” Jimin looked down at the box with wonder.

“Y—how can you tell that someone is pregnant where you come from? Do you just wait until they show?”

“No. Alphas Can smell it. But I’m not an alpha, so I won’t be able to smell it...but this seems bad. Usually the symptoms aren’t this bad…” Jimin sighed. “He’s been away from Hoseok for too long. He needs his mate.”

“But you said that you guys have to be away from your pack.”

“Pregnant omega’s are very sensitive. They have to be around their mates a lot, have to be in comfortable atmospheres, places they feel safe…” Jimin groaned in frustration. “This is bad.” Jimin walked back to the bathroom door, knocking on it gently. “Jungkookie...I need you to do something for me. Can you?”

The door suddenly cracked open, and Jimin saw half of Jungkook as he hid the rest of himself behind the door. The poor omega looked sick and depressed. “I don’t feel good, Hyungie.”

“I know, baby.” Jimin whispered. He held out the box for the omega to take through the cracked open door. “Can you take this for me? Just follow the instructions on the box. I’m not an alpha so I can’t…” Jimin sighed and allowed Jungkook to close the door once more, before returning back to the kitchen where Seng was.

“If he really is pregnant then this is bad. We’re already in hiding from a different pack, but if they smell him, they’ll definitely know, and I don’t want to find out what they’ll do when they find out.”

“Why are they after Jungkook?”

“He’s an omega. Omega’s aren’t...treated as well in their pack, as they are in ours. They don’t have rights, they’re often locked in homes and made to be nothing more than housemaids and breeding tools. They want Jungkook, because he’s a male omega, and he’s our head alpha’s son. His only son. That would mean that when the head alpha dies or steps down, whoever is mated to Jungkookie would assume leadership over the pack. They want our lands.”

“But he’s already mated.”

“They wouldn’t care. They would force him into another mating, probably rape him, try to get him pregnant with their pups instead.”

“But if he’s pregnant—“

“I don’t think you want to know.” Jimin whispered. The two males waited in silence after that.

They waited until Jimin heard the bathroom door opening. “Jungkookie?” He called. The omega came into view, clutching something in his hand. “Jungkookie?”

“I don’t know what to do.” The omega whispered, looking up. Tears were streaming down his face, panic resting in his eyes. “T-They can’t have me, t-they’ll hurt them—“ Jimin rushed forward, pulling Jungkook into a tight embrace.

“Shh….I won’t let them take you. I won’t let them have you, Okay? I’ll protect you with my life, Jungkookie. Nothing will happen if I can help it.”

“I-I’m scared.”

“I know. I know.” Jimin kissed the top of his head, rubbing his back. “I’m scared, too, but we have to be smart about this, stay safe, Okay? I’m going to call Joonie, he has to know. We have to know what’s going on over there, too, Okay?”

“O-Okay. H-Hoseokie?”

“I’ll see.” Jimin whispered back. He slowly turned, pointing towards something. Seng turned and found a phone, resting on the counter behind him. He quickly grabbed it and handed it to Jimin, who immediately started dialing a number.

“Jiminie…” Jimin nearly broke down at the voice of his mate, coming through the call.

“Joonie.” He sniffed out. “Something happened.”

“Did someone attack you? Are you hurt? Is Jungkook hurt!?”

“No…” Jimin sighed, biting his lower lip. “But something did happen. J-Jungkook...Jungkook is pregnant.” Jimin finally breathed out. “And his symptoms are bad. He needs Hoseok.”

Namjoon was silent on the other end, and Jimin waited, dreading the answer he would receive. “Jimin, you have to stay there, I’m sorry. The war...it’s started. Head alpha Jeon was injured yesterday. He invited the alpha of Blue Lily over to try and talk things out, but he was attacked, and then the whole pack was attacked. It’s horrible out here, and you can’t be anywhere near it. Especially Jungkook, now that he’s…”

“Is Hoseok there?” Jimin demanded.

“You can’t tell him.” Namjoon finally said. “I don’t want to know what will happen if you tell him.”

Jimin shook his head, but then realized Namjoon couldn’t see him. “I don’t want to know what will happen when he finds out.” Jimin whispered. “And when he finds out we knew and didn’t tell him.”

“That’s just something we’ll have to deal with when we get there.”

”