Sixteen

“They what?”

“They demand the omega, in compensation for breaking into the territory and stealing one of their prisoners.” Hoseok growled lowly, his eyes flashing red.

“Absolutely the fuck not.” He growled out.

“You think I was going to agree to those terms?” The head alpha scoffed. “You’re a pack member, now Hoseok. My son’s mate. I wouldn’t even give you over, if they just demanded you by yourself. I’m not a coward, I’m not going to tuck my tail between my legs and let Blue Lily walk all over my pack. If they want a war, they’ll get one. We have better reasoning on our side, and the council will take our side.”

“How long will it take for a meeting to take place, though?”

“There would have to be an actual outbreak of fighting. A real battle.” The head alpha sighed out. “Then we would have to call the council. It could take weeks, if not months. The war would probably be over by then. And Blue Lily is not especially known for playing by the rules.”

“What do you mean?”

“The last war they were in, the council had a problem with, but as there was no solid proof, nothing could really be done. They had snuck in, killed the head alpha and the Luna and then slaughtered every single pup in the pack, leaving the adults to try and recover from it. The pack destroyed itself, from grief and disorganization. They play dirty, and I don’t think they’re going to make an exception for us.”

“So what are we supposed to do then?” Jungkook didn’t like the look that crossed his father’s face.

“Jungkook is already claimed, but they won’t care. They’ll take your mate and use him to get to you. To get to me. They’ll rape him and abuse him. And honestly, my son is my first priority right now.”

“Then what do you suggest we do?”

The head alpha sighed, looking down. “I’ve gone through a lot of options...and honestly...the best one would be to send Jungkook to the human world and have him blend in there.”

“What?” Jungkook breathed out, his eyes wide. He shook his head frantically. “Appa, no! I don’t know anything about the human world!”

“I’m sorry, Kookie, but I don’t think there’s going to be any other way. As long as you're here, you’re vulnerable. As long as you're anywhere near another wolf you’ll be vulnerable.” Jungkook whimpered, clutching tightly onto Hoseok.

“I-I don’t want to leave the pack.”

“I don’t want you to leave either, my son, but I don’t want you to fall into the wrong hand. I love you, and this is the only way I can guarantee your safety. They won’t follow you to the human world, they won’t even think of it as an option. Your scent will be masked and you'll stay away while the war goes on.”

“B-But—“

“I’ll be sending Jimin with you. He’ll be there to ensure that you are safe and that you blend in well. He spent some time in the human world for a few years when he was younger, as a means to see if blending in was possible. It was quite successful, and I believe that you will be safest with him.” Jungkook’s father said quietly.

“W-Why would you send J-Jiminie with me? W-what about Hobi?” Jungkook asked, not wanting to hear the answer.

“I’m sorry, baby.” The head alpha said quietly, his voice filled with regret. “But he’ll have to remain here. It’s too dangerous for you both to be together, even in the human world—“

“N-no!”

“Angel.” Hoseok whispered softly. Jungkook whined, closing his eyes and shaking his head furiously, burying his head into his mate’s side. They were just newly mated, exploring the early part of what should be the rest of their lives together. A happy life.

Yet they were being ripped apart as soon as it started.

“B-But my heat—“

“You’ll be leaving as soon as your second heat is over, Kookie, I’m sorry, but it’s the only way.” Jungkook whimpered once again, clutching feebly onto Hoseok.

His next heat was due in a week. He only had one week left with his mate before they were going to be ripped apart for who knows how long.