Twenty Six

“Jungkook, you can’t go to school, not like this.”

“Why not?”

“Because you’re more vulnerable in this state, you know that.” Jungkook seemed to deflate a little.

“I don’t wanna stay cooped up here all day. I don’t feel safe without you.”

“I’m not going to school, either.” Jimin offered casually, moving around in the kitchen, making some tea for the pregnant omega.

“B-But...won’t it be suspicious if we both suddenly stop going? We’ve only been attending for a couple of weeks.”

“Your health is more important to me than the thoughts of some simple humans. I don’t care what they think. I’ll contact the headmaster tomorrow and tell him that we’re transferring or something, so that it doesn’t warrant someone coming to investigate, but as for right now, we can’t be leaving this cabin. I want you safe at all times.”

“I’m not safe anywhere.” The omega muttered quietly. Jimin sighed, nodding, completely agreeing with him.

“But you’re safer than out there. Humans can harm you out there, and wolves can smell you, too. Your scent is stronger now, that you carry another pup, and I don’t want anybody to find you. I don’t want them to hurt you or the pup.”

Jungkook nodded. “I’m scared. I just...they wouldn’t attack if we're surrounded by humans, would they?”

“I don’t know. But I’m not willing to find out. It would be harder to cover up, then, if they just outright attacked us in a public place, surrounded by humans. Because not only are their lives in danger as well as ours, but they’d give away our existence as wolves, too, and we can’t have that.”

Jungkook slumped on the counter, accepting the mug of tea when Jimin offered it to him. “I want Seokie.” He whined pitifully.

“I know, Kookie.” Jimin slid into the seat beside the omega and gently rubbed his back. “I want to go home, too. But you heard what happened, I told you. They attacked, and they're fighting to keep us and our home safe. We just have to sit tight, Okay?”

“Just...why would they be so cruel? What do they gain from having me and Hoseok?”

“You know why.” Jimin sighed sadly. Jungkook whimpered, lowering his head even more.

“I know.” He whispered. “I just wish it weren’t true.” They sat in silence for awhile, Jimin rubbing his back in a comforting manner.

“Come on.” He finally said. “Let’s do something. I don’t want to sit here and be depressed all day, and I’m sure that you don’t, either. Let’s play a game that Seng brought us or something. Or maybe cuddle on the couch and watch a kdrama.” The omega nodded and moved, settling himself in the nest of blankets and pillows that he had made for himself a few days back in the living room.

Jimin opted to just turn the tv on, not wanting to disturb the omega when he seemed to finally relax a little more than he had in days. The beta didn’t dare to disturb the omega’s nest, nor did he make a move to cuddle as promised.

The two wolves sat there in silence, just watching the TV blankly, not really thinking about anything in particular, trying to rid their minds of all of the negative things happening.

Seng came a few hours later. The two wolves had just given him a key to the cabin, trusting him enough to do so.

He walked in, finding them in the living room, just staring at the end credits of a random episode of some drama. “Hey...you guys okay?” Seng asked quietly.