Fifteen

“Alright, pair up!” Jungkook watched excitedly, Jimin sitting beside him as they watched their mates pair up together. Namjoon didn’t seem happy to be paired with a true blood for sparring, but no one else was really willing to do so, either.

Head Alpha Jeon was standing in front of the pack warriors, his arms crossed as he observed. “Begin.” He called.

Jungkook watched as Namjoon and Hoseok both shifted within seconds, rushing at each other and beginning to spar.

Hoseok, whose wolf was bigger, seemed to have the advantage, however Namjoon had been training for years, so what he lacked in speed and strength over Hoseok he made up for in skill, making the two more equal than they should be.

Of course, Hoseok wasn’t using any real force, Namjoon knew if he were to go against an enraged true blood he’d be dead within seconds, skills or not.

Hoseok would definitely become the packs strongest warrior in no time, he’d just never had the chance to properly train. So for now, he was on even grounds with about everyone  in a normal spar.

“Can we go to the daisy fields today?” Jungkook suddenly asked, turning to Jimin. The beta sighed and shook his head.

“I’m sorry, Kookie. But your father as told us that we aren’t allowed to go anywhere near Blue Lily’s borders anymore. They suspect a brewing war over Hoseok and you, as there are more wolf scents by the borders nowadays.”

Jungkook pouted. “But I’m mated now.”

“Doesn’t matter. You can still be claimed by another and made to carry someone else’s pups. They don’t care if you’re mated already or not.”

“That’s barbaric!” Jimin looked down, sighing. Jungkook was a little sheltered throughout his life, partially his father’s fault, but mostly theirs. They wanted to keep their precious Kookie safe, and now it was coming back to smite them a little bit.

Jimin promised himself to be upfront with Jungkook now, and tell him how things were. It may hurt the omega, but it was better than leaving him naive to everything.

"That's just how some people are, Jungkook. Not everyone are angels like you."

Jungkook blushed, looking down. "I'm not an angel. I'm just nice."

"Nicer than most. Some wolves just aren't the kindest, Jungkook. We've been sheltering you from a lot of that, and I'm partially to blame, we all are."

"I know." Jungkook admitted. "I know that you keep a lot from me and you try to show me only the best things in life."

"Just...be careful now. Blue Lily will strike and...I don't want you to have any sugar coated views." Jimin looked down. "You have to be extra careful now, Jungkook. They'll take you, they'll rape you and use you and abuse you. They won't be nice."

Jungkook shivered, looking away.

-

"What's wrong, angel?"

Jungkook bit his bottom lip. "You don't think I'm stupid, do you?"

"What?" Hoseok's eyes widened. "Why would you even think that?"

"Because I'm sheltered and I don't know much about the outside world…" Jungkook whispered. "You must—"

"Don't assume anything or put words in my mouth, angel. I think you're perfect." Jungkook blushed and looked down.

"T-thanks…" Hoseok sighed and walked over to the omega, scooping him up into his arms.

"Don't ever think of yourself negatively, angel. You're perfect in every way."

"T-thanks." Jungkook mumbled shyly.

A knock on the door suddenly interrupted them, and Hoseok walked towards the door, opening it to find a wolf standing there. "Head alpha Jeon would like to see you right away. You and his son."

"Thank you." The wolf nodded and walked off, Hoseok gesturing for Jungkook to follow him.

They made it to the office and knocked, waiting until the alpha called for them to enter.

When they went in, they found the alpha sitting at his desk, looking a little stressed. "Father?"

"They declared war." The alpha suddenly blurted out. Both Hoseok's and Jungkook's eyes widened.

"What?"

"They declared war for stealing from them and invading their territory." Alpha Jeon sighed. "They're demanding the return of the true blood."

"Then I'll go." Hoseok said, instantly. "I won't have this pack getting into a war over me."

"No!" Jungkook exclaimed. "You can't go back! They chained you and kept you in the basement! I won't let you go, Hobi."

"Jungkook—"

"As much as I respect your sacrifice, I can't allow it."

"Why not?" Wouldn't it make things easier?"

"Yes…

"If they didn't demand Jungkook as well."