Eighteen

“Here are you schedules, first hour starts in twenty minutes, but if you get lost, just give your teacher this pass. The campus is large, so don’t feel bad, but do try to make it to your first class and don’t use this as an excuse to skip.” The woman said, handing everything to Jimin.

The male wolf nodded and sent her a charming smile, even if he didn’t feel like it. He turned, walking over to Jungkook, who was sitting silently in the corner. He sighed softly, running a hand through his hair. “I know, bun. I know, but we have to find our first class now.”

“I don’t want to.” Jungkook said.

Such a phrase...Jimin would be teasing the younger for whining, but the tone sounded so pitiful now, the expression so sad on Jungkook’s face, that Jimin didn’t know what to do.

“Baby…” Jimin whispered, pulling Jungkook up slowly. “I know it hurt, I know. I’m sorry.”

“Why?” Jungkook sniffled. Jimin sighed and looked around, gently pulling the omega out of the office and somewhere outside, in a secluded corner of the school. He kneeled down with Jungkook, wiping the tears now falling from his eyes.

“Jungkook. Jungkook listen to me.” Jimin prodded. “Jungkook. I know it hurts, it pains me to see you like this. But you know this is the only way to keep you safe, you know it is. And I know you don’t want to be away from Hoseok, trust me, I had to leave, too.” Jimin whispered. “But we can't do this. You can’t keep crying and wallowing in sorrow for your mate, Okay?”

The omega sniffed, nodding his head as he wiped the tears from his eyes. “Y-you’re right. I’m sorry Hyungie.”

Jimin cooed at the cuteness of the omega, squishing his cheeks a bit. “Come on, bun. Smile for me. We get to experience the human world for once, doesn’t that sound great?” Jungkook nodded, a small smile coming to his lips. “Now let’s go find that first hour.”

They walked around, Jimin holding his schedule and Jungkook holding his. They had the first three class hours together, before splitting for two periods and coming back for lunch  and the rest of the day.

Jimin was glad that they had most of their schedule the same, but he was worried for those two hours in which Jungkook would be on his own.

He would have to go back to the office and talk to them about it later, see if there was anything that he could do about it.

Ten minutes after the bell signaling the beginning of first hour rang, Jimin and Jungkook entered the correct room and bowed to the instructor in apology. “You’re new.” The man said, waving off the apology. “Just introduce yourselves and then pick an empty seat.”

Jimin smiled and bowed once more, turning to Jungkook. He saw the omega was a bit shy, so he turned to the class and offered a bright smile. “Hello, I am Park Jimin, and this is my brother Jungkook. It’s nice to meet you.” Jungkook took the hint and bowed in greeting when Jimin did, but otherwise turned his gaze to the ground once more, an adorable blush covering his cheeks in embarrassment.

Jimin put a hand in the small of Jungkook’s back and led him towards the back, where a small cluster of open seats rested. They sat there, thankfully together and then turned to the instructor as he started up the lesson once again.

After the bell had rung, several of the students rushed over to the pair of new students. A chorus of hellos rang out, as well as several names that neither of the wolves picked up or associated with any face as more and more personal introductions were drowned out by the next and then the next.

Jungkook was becoming overwhelmed, but he felt better when he felt Jimin gently massage his inner elbow. “Hello.” The beta finally managed in between voices. “It’s nice to meet you. I hope that we can all become good friends. But we should be going to our second hour now.”

“I can show you!” Several of them shouted out. Jungkook rose when Jimin did, the beta kindly turning down the offers, telling them that they already knew where to go, which was a lie, but Jimin could tell that Jungkook was becoming even more uncomfortable and didn’t want him to break down or have a panic attack.

They finally made it out into the hall, which was almost worse, but Jimin held firmly onto Jungkook’s wrist and pulled him along, until they finally managed to make it to second hour.

The instructor made them introduce themselves once again and this time, Jungkook had to sit in the other side of the room from him, which upset the beta a little, but he felt that Jungkook would be fine during class.

The next hour went like this, until it was time for Jungkook to head to a separate class.

Jimin watched him walk into his room, promises of picking him up there after class reassuring the omega that he wasn’t going to be abandoned.

But as soon as Jimin walked away, Jungkook already knew that something bad was going happen.

He could feel it.