Twenty Eight

Jungkook and Hoseok’s reunion was short lived. 

Howls sounded through the woods, and Jimin quickly ushered all of them inside. 

“What’s going on?” Jimin demanded. Namjoon shook his head. 

“It’s bad. They attack randomly, and in few. They’re eating our numbers down day by day, trying to weaken us. Hoseok and I have taken over for the time being since Alpha Jeon was injured after alpha Lee attacked him when the met. We’ve been trying to stay organized, but it’s hard when every single one of our patrols comes back with at least one injury, and they’re starting to attack some of the outer cabins of the pack, attacking omegas and betas.”

“They’re not going to play fair, they never will.”

“There’s been another attack. That’s what the howls are for. We’re...we’re waiting for a large scale attack. We can feel one coming soon. So far it’s only been parties of three or four, coming in and injuring as many as they can before getting out, a fast in and out, hard to track and hard to chase after. But we know that once they weaken us enough, they’re going to launch a full on attack. 

“And it's working.” Jin added. “We have so many with injuries, small enough to continue functioning and non life threatening, but bad enough where if it came down to a fight, we are majorly disadvantaged.”

“So what are you planning on doing?”

“Well have to attack first. We’ve already contacted the council about this as well, but you know how long it’ll take to come to an agreement on a meeting. The war will be over by then. Either our pack will be annihilated or their pack will keep attacking until there is nothing left of them.”

“This is bad.”

“Everything about this is bad! We’re grasping everything we can right now, but we’re only trying to ensure the survival of our pack and the safety of all the wolves in it. But it’s hard when the other pack just wants to kill us all, and they don’t care who they are, child, omega, beta, alpha, whatever.”

Jungkook bit his bottom lip, a whine for big in the back of his throat. He turned and buried his nose into Hoseok’s neck, drinking up his mate’s scent, his omega calming itself from it. 

Hoseok held Jungkook close, kissing the top of his head.

A wolf suddenly ran inside, panting. He whispered something furiously into Namjoon’s ear, whose face darkened. He turned to the others. “Yoongi, take Jimin and Jungkook and hide them.” 

“W-What? What’s going on?” Jungkook asked, looking around frantically, wanting to know what was going on. Hoseok leaned down and attached his lips to his mate. 

“Angel. Please, just go with Yoongi, Okay? Be safe. I love you.”

“S-Seokie—“

“Go on.” Hoseok gently urged. Jungkook shook his head, but Jimin grabbed onto him, pulling him along as Yoongi led them down a hall. The omega whimpered, reaching for his mate, but Hoseok merely shook his head, knowing that they couldn’t be together right now. It was too dangerous for Jungkook to be with him, not when they were both targets of Blue Lily.

The true blood had more to protect now, too. More than just a pack he was to lead one day. He had his mate, his future family to think about. 

And he wouldn’t let them down. 

-

Jungkook ran down the hall, following Yoongi as the other omega ushered them to hurry. 

They made it to a back doe in the kitchens, Yoongi peeking his head out. “Okay, we have to go to the nursery. That’s where we’ve all been hiding, the omega’s and pups and such.”