Thirty

Red. 

That was all the true blood could see, all that he could process. 

They dared to lay their hands on his mate?

His angel?

Hoseok knew who exactly had taken him. One of his worst tormentors, someone he’d grown up with, grown to hate. 

Lee Doyoung. 

When Hoseok had been chained up in the alpha’s basement, he’d spent everyday down there, first throwing words at him, and then fists, weapons, claws, anything to hurt the true blood. 

And it was all because he knew that Hoseok could overpower him if it were fair. 

But it wasn’t. 

Hoseok had been chained, drugged, beaten, underfed. He’d been weak, and Doyoung had taken advantage of that. 

Doyoung had taken what little the male had. 

Sometimes the little food he was given, eating it in front of him with a filthy smirk on his face. 

The little movement he could have, tightening the chains so that he was all but straining his limbs to near spraining them.

The sunlight, covering the window with wood and bars do that it was always dark where Hoseok resided. 

He made life more of a living hell than it already had been, and Hoseok had never done anything to him. 

And now he had stolen the one thing Hoseok would never let anybody take from him if he could help it. Jungkook was his mate, his omega, his lover. Doyoung was just a sleazy alpha who raped omegas and called them sluts afterwards for submitting to him when they had no choice. 

He was a wolf who did not deserve to be an alpha. 

And Hoseok had had it. He would kill Doyoung, kill his father, kill the Blue Lily pack, demolish their lands, kill their warriors until there was nothing left except those who had also suffered underneath their hand. 

Hoseok breached the forest and stepped into the heart of their pack lands. 

There was no scent of a warrior anywhere, the others probably still on Red Lotus territory or in the forest, heading towards his pack lands. 

Hoseok pressed on. 

He ran until he came upon the dark structure of the pack house. 

He was unfamiliar with it. As he stared at it, all he felt was bitterness. A place he’d grown up, spent his whole life in...and this was only the third time gazing upon it. 

Once when he entered. 

Once when he’d left. 

And now. 

Hoseok stepped inside, still in his wolf form, keeping his feet silent, his scent at bay. He walked around, sniffing the air, trying to smell where Jungkook could be. 

But there was nothing. 

He continued walking around, sniffing the air, trying to figure out where they could have taken his omega to hide his scent so well. 

And then it hit him. 

The one place where no one could smell his scent. 

His old cell. 

Hoseok rushed off, running down, now abandoning his intial need to be silent, he moved as fast as he could. He knew that the things that happened in that cell were never good, and he couldn’t even begin to fathom what Doyoung would do to his mate down there. 

He wouldn’t let anything bad happen to his beautiful mate. 

He ran and ran, finally going down an all too familiar hallway. 

He brushed through the door….

Only to be hit with the odor of an extremely distressed omega. 

His mate. 

He saw Jungkook chained to the ground, laying submissively, Doyoung having stripped the omega bare of his clothing, mounting him. 

Hoseok let a large growl rip through his throat, crouching down. From what he could tell, Doyoung had not gotten far, but from how frightened Jungkook looked, and the fact that Doyoung was asserting dominance by mounting his beloved was enough to enrage the true blood even more. 

The alpha had little time to shift before the true blood was on him, clawing at him and biting, not hesitating to go for the kill. 

Doyoung fought back. 

But this time it was fair. 

This time Hoseok wasn’t beaten. 

Starved. 

Drugged. 

Chained. 

This time it was them fighting on even ground. 

And Doyoung didn’t stand a chance. 

Hoseok lept forward, his jaws latching onto Doyoung neck. He bit down as hard as he could, the other alpha whining in submission, trying to get him to let go. 

But Hoseok was merciless. 

He bit down harder. Harder. Blood filled his mouth, and yet he bit down even more. And then he whipped his head around, ripping the alpha’s throat out.

Doyoung’s corpse fell to the ground. 

The true blood shifted back, standing over his fallen enemy. “You were always so proud, so egotistical. But you knew that if it ever came down to you or me in a fight...it would never be you who walked away.” Hoseok spat. He has so many other things to say, so many cruel things he wanted to throw down at the alpha’s body. 

But Jungkook released a low shine and the true blood's attention was stolen once again. He whipped around, rushing to his mate’s side, checking for any wounds, anything. 

But he was fine. 

Safe.

And in his arms once more.