Chapter 19

~Its not the good bye that hurts, but the flash backs that follow

"It was rather beautiful: the way he put her insecurities to sleep. The way he dove in to her eyes and starved all the fears and tasted all the dreams she kept coiled beneath her bones." I read out loud to Harry. We were video chatting as usual. We had made it a routine to read to each other. I was reading a piece from Christopher Poindexter. Me and Harry both loved to read, we took turns every day and read a piece or chapter to each other.

"That was lovely." Harry complimented from his side of the screen. We made sure to spend at least an hour each day to chat, and just talk about nothing. And I looked forward to these moments. "So you go to America in a week?" He asked, I sat the book down and sat criss cross apple sauce on my chair.

"Yea I do. New York and then California for a week." I answered.

"Are you nervous?" He asked. Was I nervous? Or was I scared? Maybe a mixture of both. My nana had called me a week after the show when she left home that indeed my parents had seen the show. They were expecting me in California. And I couldn't avoid them anymore. It was time to face them.

"Yea I'm nervous. But I have to do it. I guess I won't be fully able to move on with my life until I talk it out with me parents." I said slowly sipping on my coffee. "But I'm also a big excited to see them. It's not like I hate them. I was a big of a daddy's girl. But I'm also scared to see their reaction to seeing me again." I stated. Harry nodded listening to every work I had to say. It's one of the many things I liked about him. When you spoke to Harry he gave you all of his attention. He listened, and I liked it.

"What about you Harry? How's your bakery running along?" I questioned him. Since leaving London and going back to his home is Cheshire, Harry has seem happier. His smile was a sight to see.

"I'm doing good, my bakery is great. Then again I am a master baker if I do say so myself." Harry said smiling cheekily.

"Don't get cocky styles."

"Hey it's true I am possibly the best baker in Europe. One day I'll bake you the best cake you've ever tasted." Harry said.

"Promise?" I asked.

"Love I always keep my promises." He said seriously.

"I know you do, anyway Harry I have to get going. Zayn will be heading of to Greece in a few hours and I have to bid farewell." I said.

"Okay bye, talk to you tomorrow then."

"Bye Harry." I shut my laptop and slouched down. Zayn would be gone for about three months, the whole summer. Sure for a week I would be kept busy in America, but I'd come back to find that he was still gone. And I couldn't help but feel some type of emptiness knowing I'd be lonely for so long. I didn't have many friends here in Paris.

Well there was that lad Liam, it wouldn't hurt to make a new friend right? Though I should probably begin making more female friends.

Though it'd be hard to find someone to fill in the void of Zayns place for me. I'd miss how we'd have coffee every morning in the small cafe by my house. Or the long walks with my dogs on the trails. Or the talks about creating and inspiration. I guess the good bye wouldn't be hard to say, more the endless memories we have. Maybe I'm being over dramatic, it's not like he's moving away. He'll just be gone for 3 months. I can still go on.

I grabbed my bag and headed out the door. I only have like 3 hours with him before he heads of to his adventure. I guess I know how he might have felt when I left to London.

I made my way up his little path of rocks to Zayns front door. His door was full of different colored glass and shapes, he built and designed the door himself. Softly I knocked like always, afraid that I might damage the beautiful glass door.

In a matter or seconds the door was open and there stood Zayn. Paint was all over his clothes. Of course he would be painting hours before he had to leave.

"Working on a new art piece I'm assuming." I asked as I walked in to his house.

I loved his house, the walls were painted, all different designs.

"Yes I am. I just finished it. Would you like to see it?" He asked. I eagerly nodded and followed Zayn to his art studio.

The canvas was hidden behind a white sheet. He walked over to it and pulled of the sheet. Like always the piece took my breath away. He had painted a girl, her face was hidden behind her long brown locks, her hair was swaying in every which direction. Her hands were covering her face as well, her one hand had two rings on the fingers. I quickly recognized them as my rings. The ring my grandmother gave me before I left, it was a gold ring with diamonds in crusted to shape a flower, and then a silver ring I bought when I first moved her.

"Is it me?" I asked as I eyed the girl.

"Yea." He answered, this was the second time he painted me, he made me look like something out of this world.

"What is it supposed to mean?" I questioned, knowing Zayn it had some deep meaning. Zayn stood next to me staring back at the piece.

"It's suppose to signify your dark side, the side that no one sees or knows because as you can see it's hidden. You hide, your past is hidden and not so many people know about it. But that one stray of light right there." He says and points to a small ray of sun shine that I didn't notice before.

"That's means that even the darkest secrets have a bit of light to them." Zayn said, leave it to Zayn to be so deep and meaningful in a piece of art work he did on me.

"It's beautiful." I said, Zayn knew how to capture things like that. And that's why he was such a great artist.

"Thanks, at my last art show my most preferred piece was the one with you. So I thought for Greece, I'd take a piece with you in it." Zayn explained.

"Well I'm flattered." I said admiring the picture one more time.

"Now shall we go out and eat before I have to leave?"

"We shall."

**********************

It was so hard to let Zayn get on that airplane. I almost didn't let him, but it would have been selfish of me to even think about convincing him to stay here. Especially since I left for London for a whole month, and he stayed back here.

I was so happy and proud for him though. He deserved it, he has truly worked for this opportunity. I hope this gives him a bit more publicity, and his art work gets noticed more.

I walked in to my house, I could hear the taps of my dogs running to see who came in. Biggie gets to me first like always since he has longer legs then my pug.

"Hey boys." I say as I lean down to let them both.

The two dogs followed me in to the kitchen, it's lunch time for them. I fed them their usual, and they went straight to eating.

I plumped down on my couch, in a week I'd come face to face with my mother and father. What would their reaction be. Angry? Happy? Disappointment? Proudness? A mixture of all of them.

How would I react? I mean for the first 18 years of my life they pretty much called all the shots. I lived a living hell. They didn't let me blossom, I was always glad what to do. They rarely let me out of the house. Unless it was with Chase, my boyfriend at the time.

Would chase be there? I hope they didn't expect me to still be with him. I hope Chase didn't expect me to still be with him?

How you treat others says a lot about you. And that couldn't be any more truer. Chase was a stuck up snobby rich kid. Like me he had everything handed to him. The difference was I didn't let that get to my head while he did. He thought he was so much better then everyone. Like no one was up to his standards. He never treated me horrible, and maybe that's because I'd actually give him a piece of my mind. But to everyone else he was a complete and total ass. I knew his parents like mine made him go out with me. I also knew about his occasional one night stands, and that's a big reason on why I never let him kiss me, or try anything sexual on me.

So far I've been loving life focussing on all my dreams, hopes and visions for the future, but now it's time to just put one foot in front of the other.

It's time to come face to face with the people that drove me to be where I am today.